“Great value”

Ranked #28 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Sheffield
“Great value”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I was looking for a reasonably priced hotel in central Leeds as I was over there for a friend's wedding and didn't fancy rushing for the last train. Usually I'd stay at a Travelodge if I was on a budget, but their prices seem to have increased in inverse proportion to their quality!

The Ibis, on the other hand, was an absolute bargain at just over £40 for the night. The hotel is about 10 minutes walk from the station, and within easy walking distance of the city centre. The staff are friendly, and check-in only takes a matter of minutes.

I didn't try any of the food, but the restaurant/bar area looked clean and well-stocked. The room is large and very clean, although it was incredibly warm for some reason! The bed is very comfy and gave me an excellent night's sleep. Some people may also find the location a bit off-putting, as it's right next to the ring-road for the motorway, so some traffic noise is inevitable.

Overall though, the Ibis is highly recommended, and it really doesn't feel like a budget chain at all.

Room Tip: Be prepared for some noise, especially if facing the motorway.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
SarahSiddons, Front Office Manager at Ibis Leeds Centre, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit. I look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Kind regards, Alistair Good

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 16, 2013

As a wheelchair traveller, I found at this hotel the best service of any Western hotel I have ever stayed in. Parking difficulties were sorted, a perfect room was assigned, and any assistance needed was given willingly and in a way that made me feel valued; nothing was too much trouble. The hotel was perfectly located for my needs, the room was quiet and scrupulously clean, if a little cramped with the wheelchair. The bathroom (wetroom) was perfectly appointed for my needs. The choice of food in the restaurant was limited and n the pricey side, but service was excellent, and it is good to have a restaurant on site rather than having to go out. Ibis is not a luxury hotel, but it had everything needed to make my stay possible and comfortable, with staff who are outstanding in their courtesy and care.

Room Tip: Let them know if you are disabled, and they will find the perfect room for you.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest, Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon. Kind regards, Alistair Good
Ashbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I had been looking for somewhere to stay in Leeds for about 2 months, prices were just not moving and I ended up booking here (£72!!!). Maybe it was the time of year/that particular weekend, I don't know.
Hotel itself was great - if you were paying £50. I already expected this before we arrived though.
Staff on arrival were great - we missed the parking which was within the roundabout you went over to get there - suspect this is very common as they handed us a map to get back around (one-way system). Parking meter a bit confusing/badly written but I acknowledge I can't attribute that to the hotel - just be aware.
Rooms were fine - bright, clean, have air conditioning units (but not very powerful - at least they have them). We all found sleep quality/noise to be ok. There was some noise but it didn't bother us, this was heightened if you had to have the window open, but with air con you shouldn't have to?
Location was ok if you are going out - £4-£5 in a taxi to the City centre. Not much around otherwise - no shops nearby, just lots of other hotels Holiday Inn etc. - but there is a TGI Fridays the other side of the roundabout.
Didn't eat in the hotel but we did have a drink - the guys said the beer wasn't very good.

We were on the top (12th) floor, which had a great view when you were waiting for the lift.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking time writing a review. Feedback is very important to us. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Ibis Leeds Centre again. Kind Regards, Alistair Good
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We went to Ibis leeds centre to watch a cricket match that's why we stayed there.. Reception is welcoming dont remember the name but the girl who was working on 6th sept morning was very helpful. Then we had a food in the restaurant was ok.theroblem is bathroom was not properly cleaned n somehow it was stinking whenever we open the tab. N the towels are too small.but apart fom that. Everything is good.

Room Tip: Be careful where you park your car..parking hours are terrible.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest, Many thanks for your kind review. I am glad my team made your stay enjoyable. Kind Regards, Alistair Good
Cologne, Germany
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I have just returned home after staying for 3 nights at this hotel. If I ever went again I would take my earplugs. The hotel is too close to the main road and inner ring road. Plus points: I could leave my luggage there before and after checking in, good selection of food for breakfast cost not included in stay, standard choice of evening meals, but most available 24 hours a day. Only 8 minutes to the railway, 20 minutes to the bus station and near to most tourist attractions and main shopping centres. The staff were friendly and helpful, and tried to get it right.
Keep in mind it is a city centre low cost hotel, you pay for what you get.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
SarahSiddons, Front Office Manager at Ibis Leeds Centre, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to post a review. I'm sorry to hear the traffic noise was a bit of a disturbance for you. Should you wish to stay with us again we would be more than happy to allocate a high floor room facing away from the main city centre traffic. I'm happy to hear you found the rest of your stay enjoyable, your feedback will be passed onto the team here at Ibis Leeds Centre. Kind Regards, Alistair Good