“Good budget hotel”

Ranked #28 of 86 Hotels in Leeds
Warrington
“Good budget hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

This is a good modern City hotel. Price was good but discounted so I think it could be cheaper target £45-£50 fixed. It is a budget hotel but at the quality end. Tv is 4:3 ratio rather than 16:9 which would be nice . Tune your Tellys. Staff good breakfast ok

1 Thank MDJ63
SarahSiddons, General Manager at Ibis Leeds Centre, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the feedback regarding our televisions. I will ensure that this is shared with my Maintenance Engineer so that we can address the issue. I do hope that we can welcome you back to Ibis Leeds Centre soon
Kind Regards Sarah Siddons

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Pontefract, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights and room was clean and as i expected for the price which was good.
However on both nights we found bugs in the bed pillows which i think should be checked.

We was on the 9th floor which i requested a high room and they gave me what we wanted which was a plus.

We was greeted by a very friendly young woman at reception on check in too.

I would stay again as long as there wasnt any bugs next time.

Overall a nice stay.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank fabemmy
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. I was very concerned by your comments but I have checked our records and we do not have this reported to our reception team. Our Head Housekeeper checks every room daily to ensure we maintain our high standards and like most hotels we have a preventative plan in place. I was very happy to read that my team looked after you during your stay and I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to Leeds soon
Leeds, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

Arrived from overseas flight to hotel at 1:30AM to be told no room available and would taxi to nearest IBIS in Bradford. Advised that it wiould be a late arrival! Explanation was technical difficulties with bookings, although they took payemnt a week earlier.

Drunk customer at the bar next to reception says I had same problem and they gave me a room as no booking- MY BOOKING NO DOUBT. Even for a cheap hotel service is rubbish.

Radisson Leeds saved the day and accomodated me last minute with a spare room. Now they know how to treat their customers.

1 Thank Adrian M
SarahSiddons, General Manager at Ibis Leeds Centre, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Dear Guest
I was very disappointed to read your review. Unfortunately late in the afternoon of your arrival we did have a problem with our reservation system which took the hotel a number of rooms over booked. As a result we found alternative accommodation for a number of guests. I understand from my team that you decided not to take us up on our offer of alternative accommodation and chose to find your own hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused and be assured that we are looking into ways to ensure that this problem will not happen again in the future
Kind Regards Sarah Siddons General Manager
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

The hotel was overall fine---clean, quiet, helpful staff, and breakfast was edible. My major complaint is that the internet pricing struck me as outrageous. You either had to get plug-in internet along with some movie package or wifi from a private provider, and both were highly priced. I think I'm not alone in needing internet when I travel, and for this reason I'll stay elsewhere next time. It's also worth mentioning that the hotel website is not forthcoming about their internet fees.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
SarahSiddons, General Manager at Ibis Leeds Centre, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to write a review after your stay with us. I was very happy to read your comments regarding your stay. We have taken on board other guest feedback about our internet service and we are currently in the process of updating our system which will totally change the service that we provide. Please watch this space for further updates
United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

This is a medium priced hotel for which we paid £103 for two nights, but this did not include breakfast. This was a further £7.50 each per day, but when we looked at what was on offer, we preferred to go without as there seemed to be little choice and it looked congealled as it had been stood for some time. We were originally allocated Room 503 and after asking for a better room (see comment below) we were moved to 504. The room was basic but very clean and had a new bed, with two mattresses on it, which was very comfortable. The pillows were sumptuous, feather filled. The wardrobe was quite small and might not be adequate for a longer stay. The hotel is located near the railway station but is over a mile from the city centre shops. If that location is OK for you, try the Premier Inn which is close by and has it's own parking facilities.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms look out onto a massive brick wall. Even numbers look out on Leeds.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank John D
Dear Guest, Thank you for your feedback. I was very sorry to read that you were not happy with your stay with us. I treat all of our comments with the utmost seriousness and we will be investigating this matter accordingly. Kind regards, Sarah Siddons, General Manager
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

We decided to stay in leeds and be a tourist, especially as it was holiday celebrations.

We live in Leeds, but it was cheaper to stay in Leeds than get a taxi home. Wonderful 10/10 welcome from the reception, Brilliant room size, fabulous shower...... But have to say the BED.............................toooooo comfortable, one of the nicest beds, we have slept in. It does what it says on the package, comfy beds, and Clean....

We did not eat in, but the food area, bar and lounge, was welcoming, warm and really nice.

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

SarahSiddons, General Manager at Ibis Leeds Centre, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to send us your feedback. I am really pleased that you loved our new beds. The only down side is that they are hard to get out of in the morning, but you do get an amazing night sleep. I hope you managed to download our Sleep art app, so that you can create a unique image from your sleep.
I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to Ibis Leeds Centre soon
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 10 days. Being Asians, we were very grateful that a good Chinese restaurant was within a walking distance from the hotel. City centre was just about 15 mins walk so that gave us good exercise every day. The rooms are pretty clean too.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank linda1191
Dear Guest,
I am so glad that you were happy with your stay and that we could look after you for 10 days during your stay in Leeds.
I do hope that we will be able to welcome you to Leeds soon
Kind Regards, Sarah Siddons, General Manager