“good experience”

Ranked #30 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Oakham, United Kingdom
“good experience”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Good room very good bed ,blackout curtains so we slept well. Shower excellent and easy to find. Crossing road to the car park is not easy would have thought Leeds would have had a crossing with the planning permission. Slowing traffic on the roundabout would be a boon. present set up is a bit like Birmingham in the 1970's . I am a retired traffic engineer.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
SarahSiddons, General Manager at Ibis Leeds Centre, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thanks for your review. I am glad you had a good stay with us. See you on your next trip. Kind regards Sarah Siddons, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
liverpool
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Stayed here last night for a birthday visit to my son. Delighted and a little apprehensive ( I got our twin room for £28.)
I asked on my on-line booking for a quiet room not on the roadside and as high as possible. My requests were met. The room number 1015 was great value and although the hotel is in a traffic-dense area, the noise from the main roads wasn't too bad. Above all the room was spotless, and the walk-in/disabled shower was spacious.
The tea and coffee-making items were used, but not the tv or hairdryer. Our beds were comfy. Reception staff were efficient. We didn't have breakfast here (£7.50 pp) but enjoyed a quick walk into town for other options.
The downside: only pay and display parking available.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room - there are twelve floors - and not 'road-side'.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to complete a review and I am glad you had an enjoyable stay with us. Please wish your son a belated happy birthday and I hope that we can welcome back to Leeds soon. Kind Regards Sarah Siddons, General Manager
NOTTINGHAM
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Booked this hotel as the price (£34 for a twin room) was fantastic and the location looked good and having stayed in Ibis hotels before I knew that they are generally sound places to stay. The room was comfy and the location was good (10 minute walk max to a load of decent places to eat and the main shopping area and about the same to the train station) Staff were fine, pleasant and efficient and rooms were clean. However the one big issue was the noise. The rooms seem quite 'flimsy' every door shutting on our corridor could be felt in the walls of our room and to make it even worse, there was a large group of lads staying on our floor who arrived home at 4am and decided to should run around and generaly cause havoc. Whilst I don't blame the hotel for the behaviour of the lads, I did wonder if it might have made more sense to house what were clearly a bunch of lads on a lads weekend or something on a lower floor or somewhere with other similar groups. As it was we rang security who did arrive within about 10 minutes to tell them to shut up (again, I wondered if it would have made sense to send security up with them as soon as they got bakc in the hotel as they had clearly been rowdy all the way in and up given what the receptionist said!). What didn't help was that as the walls are so thin every door slamming rattled our bathroom and every footstep could be heard. Like I say, I don't blame the hotel but wondered if there was a way of making sure parties like this don't disturb others quite so much.
Overall a bargain price, comfy beds but bring ear plugs, even if just for the loud doors and poor soundproofing!

Room Tip: great views over leeds from top floors
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
SarahSiddons, General Manager at Ibis Leeds Centre, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thanks for your review. I am glad you had a good stay with us. See you on your next trip hopefully! Kind regards, Sarah Siddons, General Manager
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here in April for Leeds Utd match , decent breakfast and cheap at the price. Handy for the centre of town just a walk across the bridge and your in city centre. Staff were friendly and efficient and nothing was too much trouble . If you come out of the hotel and turn right there's a nice Chinese restaurant about 600 yards up the road. The hotel is worth clean and looked after. Would go back.

Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Fred M
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to write a review after your stay with us. I do hope that will stay with us again when you next have a trip to Elland Road
Kind Regards, Sarah Siddons, General Manager
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We stayed here for my graduation trip in early December. A double room for two nights cost just £88, which i thought was great value. Our room was spacious, clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. The bathroom was clean and tidy and the shower was pretty big. Only thing i would say is you can hear the traffic from the Kirkstall Road all night, and we were on the 5th floor. Overall, very good stay. Would recommend for a fleeting visit to Leeds.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review, I am really pleased that you enjoyed your visit to Ibis Leeds Centre. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind Regard Sarah Siddons General Manager
Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

I had heard from friends that these were low budget hotels and the standard was very poor......pleased i tried it for myself!!!

Hotel beautiful, rooms great, clean and had everything you needed. Staff friendly and very helpful, location great as only 5 minutes walk to shops and bars and there is a TGI fridays over the road.

Parking over the road to hotel, only annoying thing was the amount of times we had to go top up the meter, not the hotels fault though, a hotel parking pass would be useful where you could pay a weekend fee.

Overall a fab weekend and will definitely use hotel on our next visit

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to Ibis Leeds Centre. For future stays you can use the Park Mobile option to pay for the car park, which means that you do not need to keep going out to add money to the machine. If you need help with this during your next stay with us just ask one of my team who will be more than happy to help. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind Regard Sarah Siddons General Manager
Sheerness, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 18, 2012

This is a very good hotel, very nice room with the best shower I have ever had! Lovely comfy bed and a really good nights sleep. I would definitely stay there again. Had breakfast which was perfect even though we were a bit late getting up! Was able to leave luggage in reception after checking out which was a bonus.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you very much for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to Ibis Leeds Centre. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind Regards Sarah Siddons, General Manager