“Value”
Review of Ibis Leeds Centre

Ibis Leeds Centre
Ranked #33 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed November 4, 2012

A few friends wishing to use this popular hotel for a short break to Leeds will be pleasantly suprised. On arrival, check in was smooth and staff were helpful. The rooms are tight, logical and tidy. A tv that allows docking is an added bonus. Within walking distance of shops, bars and restaurants although for some a taxi may be advised. Given the price of a weekend stay you cant go wrong.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Greenfamontour
SarahTomlinson, General Manager at Ibis Leeds Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Dear Guest,
I am happy to read that you all had a good time during you stay in Leeds. I will ensure that your comments are shared with my team and I hope that we can welcome you and your friends to Ibis Leeds Centre in the near future

Write a ReviewReviews (1,252)

Reviewed October 31, 2012

We stayed here on Tuesday 30th October 2012. This was our second stay at this hotel. We use it as it is cheap and convenient for the O2.

We didn’t make use of any of the hotel facilities so that is something that I can’t really comment on however the menus looked reasonably priced and there looked to be quite a variety of food on offer.

We had pre paid for the hotel so check in was swift and we didn’t have to show the card that we had pre paid with.

I had read reviews on TA before we left that the higher floors had had their beds replaced so I emailed in advance to ask for a room on the top floor. When we were given our room number I was quite disappointed that our room was on the 5th floor. When we stayed here previously last year we were on either the 3rd or 4th floor and it was pretty noisy from outside traffic and also the general flow of other hotel guests.

When we got out of the lift I was again worried that the room we had was right next to the lift and that this would be quite noisy with people coming in and out.

When we got in the room I was pleased to see that the bed had been replaced.

The room is quite basic but it’s good that you are provided with a kettle and tea/coffee.

I had a great night of sleep. The new beds are a massive improvement on the old and this room seemed really calm and quiet – I’m quite a light sleeper when not at home so to sleep right through was fab.

Check out was also painless, just handed in our room key.

I would recommend this hotel to all. The staff are very helpful and polite, nothing seemed too much trouble from what we observed.

The parking is very convenient also. The car park opposite, (even with the mad dash over the road to avoid the traffic) was reasonably priced – 23 hours of parking for £7.50 which we paid by card over the phone.

Overall a great value overnight stay.

Room Tip: Higher floors seem much quieter - if you are booking to stay in the next few weeks email and ask for...

Dear Guest
Thank you for your detailed review. Our guest feedback is vital for us to continue to improve our offer. I am most please that you like our new beds. These beds are the result of a lot of feedback from our guests so it is vital that our guests like the end result.
I do hope that you will visit us again when you are next in Leeds

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Stayed in the hotel previous night. Was surprised to find a wet towel on the bed in the first room I was given the keys of, seems the cleaning staff forgot it there unnoticed. in the second room the smell of glue was overwhelming (i know there is repair work in progress but still it is hard to breathe in such atmosphere), but then again there was rubbish left on the table, so I asked to change and only from the third attempt the room was clean, nice and cosy. I must say I was not angry but it was strange to see two rooms unclean one after another. However the lady at the front desk was very friendly and I helped me to get a nice room. Please pay attention to cleaning! Maya Siunova

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear Maya Siunova
Thank you for providing you feedback after your stay with us. I was most disappointed to read the problems that you encountered. I will ensure these comments are shared with my Housekeeping Team as it seems that these room should had not been checked fully beforehand. Please be assured that I will take the necessary corrective actions to ensure that this situation does not arise in the future

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Stayed Sunday night £27.00 great value (Accor club discount)

As it was Sunday parked FREE all day until 07.30am, be prompt as the wardens where closing in @ 07.35am.

Nice bar and reception area, Yes the rooms are not beautiful but the new beds make a nice change, the pod showers and hot and powerful, flat screen TV plus free tea & coffee.

Easy 10 minute walk into the City and a TGI Fridays across the road.

Enjoy we did......

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I am really pleased that you like our new beds. Over the last couple of years we have listened to our guests and designed these beds as a direct result of guest feedback. Feedback is essential to help us to continue to monitor and improves our services and facilities.
Thank you once again and hopefully we will be able to welcome you back to Leeds in the near future

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Everything about our stay was great. The hotel is easy to find as it's so tall and parking was easy - there's a car park opposite. The hotel feels brand new, is perfectly positioned for Leeds city centre and was incredibly only £28 a room.

If you're after a value hotel that doesn't feel like a budget hotel ... stay here. It's not a luxury hotel by any means, but it is attarctuve (the rooms are fine and the bathroom design is different and interesting).

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review after your stay with us. It is an advantage having a building which is 12 storeys high; as visibility is great and the views from inside are exceptional especially at night. I am glad to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and I hope we can welcome you back to Leeds soon.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Stayed here while touring universities with my son. Chose it due to close location to Leeds Uni campus (which is a 10 min walk from the hotel up through several streets).

Booking in and paying was very efficient and room was spotlessly clean. No problem with having the put-you-up bed arranged for the room either. Evening meal and breakfast was also reasonable.

Parking was the only slight issue, however the public car park (which is lit and I believe also monitored) just opposite was absolutely OK. Be careful crossing the road. Also note that it has free parking in the evening between 22:00 and 07:30. Do feed the meter as the traffic warden appears promptly.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. I am glad to read that you had an enjoyable stay in Leeds. In reference to the West Street Car Park it is also possible for you to pay over the telephone using your debit or credit card details. The Park Mobile systems will also text you when your parking is due to run out and means that you do not have to go out before 07:30 to pay addition money.
I hope that we can welcome you back to Leeds in the near future

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Honestly for 35 £ prepaid, the room was above our expectations. Clean, nice bedding, tea/coffee facility, a bathroom block with a shower& toilets small but functional and modern. Nothing much to say.
Staff nice and friendly, lobby and hotel itself not to be remembered but we didn't really hang out there.
There is a large pay parking across the street, convenient but dangerous as you need to cross a three way lane without pedestrian way unless you walk a bit.
Extremely good value for money.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad that your stay met with your expectations
I hope that we can welcome you back to Ibis Leeds Centre in the near future