“Relaxed chilled out place with a wonderful ambiance and excellent food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of A Comer - CLOSED

A Comer
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Seating
Description: As a new small business we are appreciative for the extremely positive reviews that individuals have chosen to leave. Reviews are always welcome that provide 'constructive' feedback of ways to enhance the customer experience. However as a small independent cafe , singularly operated, we can not and do not endeavour to meet ALL customer expectations. Whilst Trip Advisor is a useful source of information for tourism, we did not set this account up and so advise that if you want a better understanding of the values and vision of our business you may wish to visit our Facebook account. Thank You a Comer
Cumbria, United Kingdom
“Relaxed chilled out place with a wonderful ambiance and excellent food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

We called in one sunny evening just before closing time.
We did not realise it had an 8pm closing time so we were lucky to be allowed in really as it was only a shave away from time..
I had been looking at this place on Tripadvisor for a while now and do not know why we left in so long to call in.
It is nice to see some new reviews coming in as well, reviews on here do help a place I always feel.

This place is relaxed and chilled out and has food to die for served up.
My OH had a pasta meal which he said was wonderful and I ate a hot rump steak sandwich with blue cheese and some tasty fried red onions in it, the bread was so nice as well.
Only a sandwich of sorts I know, but it was bloody great!

We had an excellent bottle of Sauvignon Blanc which was very well priced.
My OH had a coffee which as he thinks he is a coffee expert, he said it was the real deal.

We were delighted to have a chat with the owners wife and lovely children who were dining too that evening, they told us a bit about themselves and the set up at the 'A Comer', they were as delightful as our food!

As you can see a big thumbs up from me and we will be back with the extended family for a nice family meal soon.
Since visiting here I have mentioned the place to a few friends who unbeknown to me have also eaten here and they raved about the place too.
Many thanks to all and we wish you every success.

(I internet researched what 'A comer' means, it means a few things according to the net, I may just have to ask the owner)

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank whatnamecaniuse

Leeds
“Feels like a holiday every time I visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

Since our first visit at Christmas we must have been another 20 times, sometimes just us two, sometimes with friends, sometimes with family, and no matter who we're with or what the weather is doing outside I instantly feel like I'm on holiday - relaxed and happy.

Pedro, without a doubt, is a champ and the hardest working man in Leeds. He's a one man band, taking your order, preparing it and serving it to you and always with a friendly smile and a kind word. You may have a small wait because he does everything himself, but it adds to the relaxed atmosphere, nothing is rushed and he manages to give everyone time and attention. Rawdon is very lucky to have this little gem.

• Visited July 2013
4 Thank JodieSLeeds
Leeds, United Kingdom
“One of our Regulars.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

As locals from 'round the corner' this truly is the best place in Rawdon to grab a glass of wine and a bite to eat. On each and every one of our visits, Pedro has always been the very best host,no matter how busy he is. The man does everything single handed from ordering, serving and cooking and does everything humanly possible to maintain a consistently great standard. All i can say is PLEASE bear this in mind on a first visit if you find he is busy in the kitchen and your not attended to immediately! The food is amazing at all times of the day, Polo Milanese been our favourite dish washed down with a lovely glass of prosecco! Great value for money!

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank Emsparkles27
“Exceeded expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2014

Following a Friend's recommendation I called in on a wet Friday morning for a late breakfast. Can only repeat all the previous reviews - Great service, lovely food (scrambled eggs and serrano ham) 2 excellent cups of coffee. Very Busy but not a long wait, don't know how the owner does it. Will definitely return later in the day for a full meal and a glass of wine.

• Visited May 2014
4 Thank Ken S
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Pedro is a god with food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

What can I say, better than excellent. The food is lovingly prepared and is excellent. However be aware the food is cooked fresh and from scratch so don't be going in thinking its one of these quick in and out restaurants. Well worth the wait though the food was excellent. Pedro is a warm and friendly cook and host. You also will not be shocked by any of the prices on the menu.

We will definitely be giving this a go again. I will have the Spaghetti Bolognese next time though, it looks great.

Visited April 2014