“As close to an Independent Cinema as you'll get in Leeds City Centre!”

Everyman Cinema Leeds
Ranked #11 of 70 Fun & Games in Leeds
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: A unique cinema experience. Great food and drinks served in the bar and in our screens. Watch films in the comfort of our sofa seating or have a cocktail on the terrace while catching up with friends. We also offer private hire experiences.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Now I'll start by saying I'll always prefer the independent Cinemas in Leeds, e.g. Cottage Road in Headingley or the Hyde Park Picture house, but, if you're in the city centre and want to catch a film and perhaps get a bite to eat - Everyman is BY FAR the best choice.

Firstly the staff are friendly, enthusiastic, and actually appear to enjoy their jobs and want to be there! Secondly, the drinks and food offerings are much better than most bars let alone other Cinemas, I mean where else can you take a proper glass of wine and a delicious thin crust pizza into a movie - apart from maybe in your own living room. The seating is also far better than your usual Cinema, if I'm honest, yes, the prices are more than elsewhere - but for roughly 30% more you get 100% better quality and it makes going to the pictures a proper treat again and not a chore.

All reviews
in 103 reviews
"unisex"
in 24 reviews

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Loved it here. A really different cinema experience and will definitely go back. Add to that the free pizza on Monday & Tuesday's in July and it becomes a bargain. We really enjoyed the pizza's, nice light crust. We saw the film Springsteen and I which was just brilliant in such a small, intimate theatre. Only complaint: the aircon seemed to be on when we got in there but off by the time we left so it was really quite warm at the end.

Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

This cinema offers more than other cinemas: you can get your dinner plus a beer and take it in to the cinema and eat while watching the film! I did this and it was great. The seats are also excellent - I was practically lying down by the end of the film and I could still see all the screen and was very comfy. Obviously you can stay sitting upright too. Staff were really friendly and the whole experience was worth paying a bit more for. There film selection is right up my street too. Soooo glad this place came to Leeds.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

I went here over a month ago to see the Star Trek movie, and fortunately it wasn't anywhere near the opening night as I think we would have had a worse experience.
The sofas are lovely and comfy, and it's wonderful that they will serve you in your seat and you can take a pizza into the movie, but the screen wasn't as big as I expected, and the gradient of the seats wasn't very steep - so if there had been people in front of us, it would have definitely blocked some of our view.
For the amount I paid (£13 a ticket), I'm more inclined to Orange Wednesdays at Vue for the actual movie, but if I was on a movie themed date, well this would be high up there on choices of things to do.