“Awesome!”

Leeds, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

Came to watch Gatsby, stayed for drinks! Very decadent - had Prosecco while living the 1920's lifestyle of Fitzgerald! Really enjoyed it - the terrace bar is a hidden gem - not so busy as other places in Trinity so well worth the visit. This is a lovely adult treat! Heartily recommend for those of us who really don't want to spend cinema time with children! This is a theatre experience - the way that cinema should be!

Visited June 2013

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great concept..... could have been perfect, but......”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

We saw the Great Gatsby on Saturday night. The whole atmosphere on arrival was very cool, and about as far away from walking into the foyer of an Odeon or Vue as you could imagine (this is a good thing). We had a drink at the bar (not cheap but that's hardly a surprise) and listened to a live band play before going into screen 2. At this point I was pretty sure they'd nailed the whole cinema thing and that I would never go anywhere else again.

We had seats upstairs in the gallery - a 2 seater sofa with *loads* of leg room to stretch out, which was great. The sofas are butted up right next to each other and you share a table (for your drinks) with your next door neighbour, so although the seating is great the privacy isn't quite how I had imagined it.

The main disappointment was that the seats in front are too far forwards / not low enough down to be out of the way - people's heads and even their drinks can obscure the bottom of the screen and I found this very off-putting. See my picture for an illustration - the guy in front slouched into the seat as time went on so his head wasn't in my way for the whole film but I (being 6ft 6) would feel very conscious of being in the way if I wasn't sat at the back. I'm still not sure how they got this wrong as it is surely a basic element of laying out the cinema. I have seen similar comments on other reviews so I'm not alone in finding this.

On the day we went the cinema was really hot - we were right at the back at the top so perhaps it wasn't such an issue lower down, but again I have seen similar comments on temperature from others.

In summary - so close to perfection, only to be spoiled by some basic but fundamental details.

Visited June 2013
4 Thank Jamesbyrom
“Wow very good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Wow what an experience
Thumbs up from Newcastle
We travelled down had a day of shopping then finnished in the cinema and some really nice food and two bottles of merlot and shots it did cost us alot for the day but the end was worth the gifts we bought in the day

joe thank you the pleasure was all mine

Mr leuthwaite

Rothwell Leeds

West Yorkshire
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“The cinema as a proper night out.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

This is an expensive cinema, from ticket price to drinks prices, however I think it is worth it and for the superior experience I think the ticket price is value for money.

Downstairs there is a pizza restaurant. We didn't go but it smelt good, so maybe next time! Upstairs there is a bar, kitchen counter for food to take into the film, the entrance to the screens, a balcony area and the toilets. Another flight of stairs takes you to the gallery.

The staff are very friendly, efficient and welcoming. This makes the bar quick! A round of two drinks cost just over a tenner - the gin is Bombay Sapphire and the Peroni is large. Hummus and bread was a very reasonable £3.50 from the kitchen counter, where they warmed up the bread to order. We got there early so avoided the rush and enjoyed a relaxed drink in the bar. The balcony offers some great views across the city.

Inside the screen rooms there are sofas with cushions, foot rests and side tables. I'm not sure about the reviews that say the rake is too shallow, meaning they couldn't see all of the screen if someone tall sat in front. I'm 5' 3" and, in screen 1, comfortably saw the whole of the screen. We saw a two and a half hour film that flew by in slouchy comfort.

The toilets are unisex, but in reality all this means is that you share a corridor. All the cubicles are self-contained rooms behind solid doors that contain a toilet, sink and hand dryer. Just check it says 'vacant' and give a firm push as they are room doors rather than flimsy stall doors.

So, I will definitely be going back. It makes the cinema a luxurious, grown up, treat.

1 Thank WestYorkshireTeaPea
Leeds, United Kingdom
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“No kids, no popcorn.........Bliss!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Booked at the Everyman to see Hangover 3 and was not disappointed with our visit. The day before we took our boys to cineworld in Bradford to see fast and furious 6 and was definitely left furious with people chatting and using their phones throughout the film not to mention having to get up to let other customers pass every 2 minutes.

Upon entering the Everyman, it is very impressive. A nice restaurant downstairs with a pizza stand and full bar on the middle floor. There are lots of nice places to sit including a nice Parisian style roof terrace outside for smokers. The cinema itself is very comfortable. We booked into the gallery seats and found the sofa,cushions,tables(with champagne bucket) a lovely refreshing break from the normal tilt seats. The staff were all very smart and friendly and it was nice to sit and watch a movie with a nice refreshing cider without kids bouncing about. The toilets are also a nice change. They are unisex but each cubicle has its own sink and mirror so no cause for embarrassment.

All in all a lovely movie experience and well worth the price even if it is a little more than Vue/cineworld etc etc. the only letdown was the movie haha.