“Disappointing”
Review of The Calverley Arms

The Calverley Arms
Ranked #774 of 1,891 Restaurants in Leeds
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Calverley Arms in Calverley is a country pub & restaurant oozing rural charm and rustic character. Our picturesque surroundings provide the perfect backdrop for savouring the hearty, seasonal pub-food on our menu, and the carefully nurtured cask ales and fine wines gracing our bar.
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Lovely building, lovely location, great beers but the food is just over priced pub grub. Took a friend there for a birthday meal. Ordered fish from the Friday Fish menu, it was more than disappointing, took an age to be served, it was dry overcooked and very small portion. On leaving even had to ask for my change as waiter took it upon himself to assume the £3.00 owed was a tip! Will go back for drinks but not food. Disappointing.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Went with friends on New Years Eve.
4 course meal, live music, disco, fireworks all for £35, incredible value for money. Would recommend to anyone. The venue is very well appointed and has a lovely atmosphere. Service was excellent!

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Love the new decor and as always a good hearty meal. service was friendly too. I love the Chicken ham and leek pie!!!!

Reviewed January 4, 2014

This was our 3rd visit to the Calverley arms and once again was very enjoyable.
This is a country style pub and restaurant, set in its own grounds and very popular, the food is a bit more upmarket than your usual pub fare but we don't think its priced at much more so for us offers value for money. we usually end up spending about £30 for two including drinks

We have tried many of the dishes on the menu including the speciality pies, and my favourite the braised pork belly, and had Sunday lunch here also.

Service has always been efficient and friendly, and the food served has always been of good quality..this is not the pile it high bellybuster style of pub, we have also used the living social discount vouchers without any fuss.
The restaurant has had a recent refurb and looks great..... will we go again, of course and I would recommend you try here too.

So thanks for reading I hope and consider leaving me a helpful vote, as this adds credence to my reviews and is helpful to other readers. I try to be honest and impartial and only write about what I find on my visits.

Bye for now....and yet another stop-off on my WORLD DOMINATION TOUR
Ming

1  Thank EmperorMing
Reviewed January 3, 2014

On first impressions, this pub is set in beautiful surroundings and is tastefully decorated, setting the scene for a a good quality pub meal; unfortunately my experience at the Calverley Arms did not match up to the initial impressions. It is also worth mentioning at this point that we had a 25% off voucher and when we came to pay, the waitress said we had to have a printed version even though it didn't say anything about this online.

After being seated, our drinks order was taken for the 4 people in our party. After 5 minutes, our food order was taken but there was still no sign of the drinks. The waiter apologised and said he would chase up the drinks order; however, a further 5 minutes passed and still no drinks had arrived. I went up to the bar to ask where the order was and the young waitress said with an attitude that they had lots do orders and would bring them over soon. They finally arrived a further few minutes later.

I ordered the cod and chips which was delicious, apart from the very small helping of chips (I am a size 8 female and even I could have eaten a bigger portion!) Another member of my party ordered the fish cakes, which were nowhere near hot. The waiter was very apologetic and took them away; however, the rest of the party had finished their meals by this point.

The desserts were very tasty, we shared a chocolate brownie tower and apple & cherry crumble to satisfy our sweet teeth.

The Calverley Arms has such potential to be a first class eating establishment but unfortunately the quality of the food and service really lets this place down. It's not particularly cheap either. Such a shame.