“Great concept and amazing food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Yo! Sushi

Yo! Sushi
Ranked #250 of 1,808 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Japanese, Fast Food, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London, United Kingdom
“Great concept and amazing food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

I visited the Leeds Trinity Yo Sushi today- this is the first time I've visited a Yo Sushi bar, and I was SO amazed by the quality of the food! The concept and brand are great fun, it's such a nice novelty to be able to see your food before you choose to eat it. The pricing system seems very fair and it's easy to keep track of how much you're spending! The spicy chicken salad and strawberry cheesecake balls were particular favourites from the belt. The Duck gyoza and chicken kebabs are great from the kitchen. It was very busy so you had to wait a little to order hot food/get the bill but the staff were all very friendly and enthusiastic despite the lunch time rush. The unlimited water taps at the table are also a nice touch. Absolutely brilliant lunch- i CANNOT WAIT to go back and try more dishes.

• Visited August 2013

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Bright, buzzy, friendly. Funky food and a great atmosphere !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

I'll been to the Yo Sushi in Harvey Nics a few times, but I have to say, this is a much better experience. The restaurant is bright and airy and doesn't have that same cramped layout as at H Nics. I loved the clean, light, contemporary design and the bright colours. The staff were really friendly and the dishes that I ordered from the menu were made really quickly.

There was good selection on the belt and surprisingly, even though we both had 7 dishes each and drinks , the bill was only £50, which I think is pretty good for a Friday night out.

Really liked the fact that they now but the calorific value on each dish on the menu - if only more restaurants would follow suit !

• Visited August 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent service every time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

Lovely place. Although it is a chain the staffs are so friendly you feel like it’s not. I was never a Sushi fan but I have turned around. I have been back four times in the last month. Keep it up.

• Visited July 2013
Yorkshire, UK
“Great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

What a great experience! Wonderful tasty exciting food and very helpful staff. If you want something different this is definitely the place to go.

Visited June 2013
“The best restaurant experience I've had for a long time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

The great thing about Yo! Sushi is that you can have a great experience there, regardless of the situation. My situation yesterday was that I had a few hours to kill before meeting friends in Leeds to go out. As I was on my own, I didn't want to go to a more 'formal' restaurant, but I wanted to go somewhere other than McDonalds! I visit Yo! Sushi often, but this was certainly the best experience I've had there so far.

It was 'Blue Monday', so all of the dishes on the belt were on blue plates and costed £2.50. This was the first time I'd been on a Monday and I would definitely go again because it enabled me to try some more 'exotic' dishes that I'd been reluctant to try before due to their (usually) higher price. I had green tea, avocado maki, crispy duck futomaki, aubergine and harusame salad, kaiso salad, chicken katsu, and vegetable tempura - all of which I'd recommend. The vegetable tempura was particularly interesting because it consisted of tempura onion, sweet potato, aubergine and lotus root (the latter of which I'd never tasted before, but liked).

I spent about 2 hours in the restaurant and had 6 dishes and 4 cups of green tea (£1.50 for the first cup and then free refills). Sometimes, when you go to a restaurant, you feel like the staff may rush you if you sit for a while. That wasn't the case at all here; members of staff were very friendly and attentive and all the food prepared to order was superb quality and didn't take too long.

The bill came to £16.50, which I found extremely reasonably for the amount I ate, the variation of dishes, the atmosphere, the time I spent in the restaurant and the overall experience. I would recommend this particular Yo! Sushi to anyone, whether you have small children, are in a group of alone. I'll definitely return!

• Visited July 2013