“Slightly deceitful”

Giraffe - Trinity Centre Leeds
Ranked #162 of 1,828 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: International
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Freshly cooked food for everyone served to the sound of great music - guaranteed to make you feel good!
Bradford, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Slightly deceitful”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We ate at Giraffe today. the food was excellent, good quality and well presented. the staff were friendly and obliging. the bill game and i puzzled on the amount until my wife pointed out it included 10% gratuity. As I usually tip good service had she not pointed this out to me then I would have added another 10% or so to the total.Tips are at the customers discretion and should NOT be automattically included.

In this case I stilled tipped but less than the 10%.We couldn't help but think this was a bad management decision and deceitful.

Wakefield, United Kingdom
“simple, sweet with bubbly staff”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

My partner and I went to this restaurant on a sunday on the off chance as we were just passing by. The service was friendly, attentive, but no too in your face.The food is simple but tasty, for good value. Atmosphere perfect and the decor quirky. Would definiantley return.

lincoln
“Loved it”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Went here last night for a meal to celebrate my daughter graduation, I loved every thing about the place.
food we had was fantastic starters to share, my duck stir fry was one of the nicest I have had and puddings to die for, we shared two between four as they are massive, I had the waffle with cinnamon banana with ice cream chocolate and toffee sauce delicious.
I was a bit expensive but it was a special occasion.

Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“Good food, value and service”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We went here on a Sunday morning for breakfast after receiving shocking service from the alchemist. We were impressed. Excellent service and good quality food. The breakfast menu is a nice change from the normal breakfast offerings. You can get a full English but you can also choose from more Mexican style breakfast. All cooked fresh in the open kitchen. We would definitely recommend.

• Visited June 2013
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
“"worth a visit"”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I visited Giraffe in Leeds Trinity centre with a group of work colleagues. The menu was very good with lots of choice to tempt your tastebuds!

The service was good and staff very friendly and we had a really good time.

I have since returned and once again was pleased with the service and menu! I think it is definitely worth a visit and judge for yourself !!!!!!!!!

• Visited April 2013