“Fab venue and location, appalling service every time I go!!”
Review of Angelica

Angelica
Reserve with OpenTable
Angelica is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #293 of 1,974 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: European, British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 16, 2014

If you want a great cocktail bar with a view over Leeds and lovely atmosphere, this place is perfect. But the service is a joke! The staff are pleasant enough but every time I go, you have to wait ages to place your order and then wait ages for your drinks to arrive. Today we waited 45 mins for the bill! I love the place so I keep giving it the benefit of the doubt but they really need to sort their service. The venue is 5 star, the food is nice, but the customer service and speed of food/drinks is 1 star. Come on Angelica, your customers deserve better than this!

3  Thank PickiNicki
Mark M, General Manager at Angelica, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I take every comment from our guests very seriously and please accept my deepest apologise that the service did not reflect our usual standards.

Please could you contact me directly on angelica@danddleeds.com to discuss this matter in more detail.

Mark

Write a ReviewReviews (1,206)

Reviewed June 11, 2014

Went here for drinks after a birthday meal. Although the décor is lovely, it was very overpriced. We had table service, probably because it was quite quiet (went on a Tuesday evening). However the drinks took around 10- 15 minutes to arrive, which seemed ridiculous since there was only one couple waiting at the bar. With no apology for the long wait, so we went elsewhere after the first drink, as we'd be waiting all night if we ordered another.

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, every single comment from our guests is highly appreciated and valued.

Please accept our sincere apologies that the service did not exceed your expectations at Angelica.

I have discussed in detail the issues that you have raised with our Angelica Restaurant Manager in order to prevent a re-occurrence of such events.

Unfortunately I do not have your contact details but please could contact me on angelica@danddleeds.com to discuss this further.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed June 9, 2014

On a bithday dayout we decided to go to Angelica,s rooftop cocktail bar.As we had already eaten we just wanted a drink and to take in the view over Leeds city.We ordered a bottle of house wine at approx £18.50.When the bill came we were over charged by £5/6 pound as they had added another glass of wine on by mistake.After we asked for the manager she came over and took one look at us and said < Well you are not drunk > and then told us it was new staff and that was it.No sorry and nothing.To add insult to injury we were then charged another 10 per cent although this was discretionary.We did leave £20 but realy it sort of put a damper on the day and i think more good manners are needed.We wont be going back.

1  Thank pedro186411
Mark M, General Manager at Angelica, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Please accept my sincere apologies that you did not receive the usual high standard of service that we strive to achieve in Angelica.

I would like to discuss the issues that you have raised in more detail. Unfortunately, I do not have your contact details but please contact me directly on angelica@danddleeds.com.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed June 7, 2014

Enjoy the bar and cocktails whilst relaxing over the rooftops of Leeds such a nice bar!
Great Leeds should be proud of this bar it's a winner and a definite place to visit .

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a lovely review.

I hope you visit us again soon.

Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

I was impressed with the greeter on the door who was polite and friendly and welcomed us warmly however from that point onward my experience declined into a nose dive.

We sat at a small table and waited for a server for 15 minutes...which I wouldn't complain about if the place was busy (it wasn't)

When the waitress finally brought us a drinks menu we quickly selected our drinks and waited for her to return. 10 minutes went by before she took our order and off she went.

In the meantime I had chance to look around and just I saw did not impress. The place is filthy! The metal bar was stained and greasy the floors were grimy and messy, not with new dirt but old unclean mess.

We waited another 20 minutes for our drinks enjoying a chat before we eventually decided it wasn't the place for us and left.

Terrible service. Very disappointing.

7  Thank Gary M

Dear Gary,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.