“Fabulous for views food service and spectacular atmosphere”
Review of Angelica

Angelica
Reserve with OpenTable
Angelica is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #198 of 1,961 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: European, British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Loved this place just called in after a matinee at the theatre and so glad we did
A beautiful evening and the terrace is stunning
We had some amazing cocktails followed by a lovely selection of bar food ! You must try the Tempura Prawns the scotch egg was superb and the chips to die for
A meat platter was amazing and the staff are so attentive I have no idea what those reviews saying poor service were about
All the staff who served us were charming and professional
Cannot recommend any more highly Great !!!!

Mark M, General Manager at Angelica, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Dear Linda,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a lovely review, it really was a pleasure to read.
I have passed your comments onto the staff, who were delighted that you enjoyed your visit.
I hope to be welcoming you back in the near future.
Many Thanks,
Mark

Write a ReviewReviews (1,163)

Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

Dad, my brother and I went here on Monday for dad's birthday, and it wasn't a pleasant experience. Yes, the views are alright and, yes, the environment is comfortable (the music, the ambiance, etc). However, the poor service we received from the staff by far outweighed any pleasantries.

It took the waitress 15 minutes to take our initial drinks order. Then, after waiting around (seeing other people served before us) and having to prompt the waitress, our drinks finally arrived a substantial amount of time later. Too late, as by then we had already decided to leave.

Furthermore, the waitress was not apologetic in the slightest and when I asked "what happened?" just produced a shrug.

Diabolical.

If Angelica don't address their current customer service issues, it could prove problematic for business. It already seems to be drumming up a negative reputation, as per numerous other poor reviews on here.

4  Thank Laura_H_1989
Mark M, General Manager at Angelica, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Dear Laura,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review

Please accept my sincere apologises that you did not receive our usual high standards of service.

If it is at all possible, I would like to discuss your experience in further detail at your convenience. Please could you contact me on angelica@danddleeds.com, to arrange a convenient time?

Kind Regards,

Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

Dad, my brother and I went there today for my dad's birthday, and it was an awful experience. Yes, the views are nice and, yes, the seating area is comfortable (good music, ambiance, etc), but the terrible service we received from the staff by far outweighed this place's good points. It took the waitress 15 minutes to serve us. After waiting 30 minutes with no drinks, we prompted the waitress, who then brought the drinks out 15 minutes later. Too late, as by then we had already chosen to leave. Diabolical.

1  Thank Laura_H_1989
Reviewed May 26, 2014

I was really looking forward to my 1st experience of Angelica. I was getting treated by my dad for a meal and cocktails after he came to visit from London, I had recommend we went to try Angelica. We was shown to a table with no chairs which hadn't been cleaned yet, so we stood next to the table and waited. 20 minutes later after we got a waiters attention we told them we were ready to order a drink... 15 minutes after that we had to go and ask if we can order our food. Which is quite poor service considering it was a quite Wednesday late afternoon. My dad ordered a burger and was asked by the waiter if he wanted it "rare" or "well done". He responded with "medium rare" he was then told due to health and safety the chef will not cook medium rare however he will do rare... The food was average and wasn't really worth the money. I ordered a 2nd drink of a raspberry daqrui but was told the machine that they use had broken. So instead I was given a glass of ice with the tiniest bit of liquid... 100% a waste of money considering the water spilt half of it on the table when giving me it and just left the mess on our table. All in all extremely disappointed and will never be returning.

1  Thank Megancapper

Dear Megan,

Many thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed review.

I do apologies that you did not receive the usual standards of service from Angelica.

We take every comment from our guests very seriously and I would like to discuss your experience in further detail if at all possible.

Unfortunately I do not have your contact details but please could you contact me directly on angelica@danddleeds.com

Many Thanks,

Reviewed May 22, 2014

Waited over 20 mins for drinks and the place was empty waitress was full of poor excuses by far the poorest cocktail bar in leeds should never of left Alchemist at least they can serve more than one person at once

Please accept my sincere apologies that you did not receive the standard of service that we strive to achieve in Angelica.

I would like to discuss your experience in more detail, however I do not have your contact details. Please could you contact me at angelica@danddleeds.com

Kind Regards,