“Fantastic views”
Review of Angelica

Angelica
Reserve with OpenTable
Angelica is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #120 of 1,838 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: European, British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Chatham, England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic views”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

The views from this restaurant are fantastic whether you just come for a cocktail or a meal. The staff are very attentive. The food is of good quality although the choice is limited. You really only need 1 desert between two as they are large. The seaside donuts are yummy but way too big for 1.

Visited January 2014
VytauS, General Manager at Angelica, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Thank you very much for your feedback.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed the spectacular views, service and the quality of food when you visited Angelica!

Apologies that the choices on the menu did not exceed your expectations, I have passed your comments onto our executive head chef.

I hope to be greeting you in the near future to Angelica or to our sister restaurant Crafthouse for a new dining experience.

UK
“a night to remember”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

we had a birthday dinner here on Friday and god it was amazing. already recommended to my friends and will definitely return soonest possible.

I saw in previous reviews that they complained regarding the lack of food choices. I would say this is more a cocktail bar with exceptional food rather than restaurant with cocktails but if you decide to eat as well you certainly wont be disappointed.

the atmosphere is great staff is very attentive without being too much and when they found out that it is my sis-in-laws birthday dinner they pulled every stop to make her feel welcomed and special.

I loved the design, the view and the extra touch as they always fill your glass with water.

and the cocktails are something different. they really know how to do them, I would recommend which is the must try but the list would be just as long as the cocktail menu itself.

definitely go and try it you will return

• Visited January 2014
I am delighted to hear that you and your family had such an amazing evening with us at Angelica on your special occasion.

Thank you very much for your recommendation and taking the time to write this review.

It is really appreciated and I will pass on your comment to the whole team at D&D Leeds.

On your next visit why not try a new dining experience at our sister restaurant Crafthouse which shares the same fantastic views and is on the level below.

Onchan, United Kingdom
“Weak cocktails”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Having lived in Leeds for seven years, this visit was a return to the new bar scene in the Leeds city centre. And we weren't disappointed! So many to choose from so we did seven in one night.

Angelica's is one of those 'penthouse' type bars situated in the rafters of the new Trinity Shopping Centre, that has ALL the makings of a hit. It would be fair to say it was pretty cool surroundings wise.

But they let themselves down a little. Strangely, the girl at the door said, "Hi! You are in luck, there is some bar space available." Then walked off and left us to figure out what to do next. Some service advice for you Angelicas, if you are going to have a system in the bar which we figured out in the end, then tell people what to expect when they arrive, so they don't look like a 'spare end' waiting for something to happen. Train your staff to smile and put some alcohol in your cocktails. And if I wanted to see the calories or alcohol units in my drinks I would have bought my weight watchers book with me!

1 Thank kiwigirluk2011
Reading, United Kingdom
“Absolutely Fabulous!”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Having only been introduced to the hidden away higher-floors of Trinity just yesterday, I've been fortunate enough to dine there now twice in just twenty-four hours!

On my first visit, I was stunned by the spectacular views (fortunately, it was a sunny day) and the service was helpful, friendly and fast. Me and my friends arrived at around half ten, which was peacefully quiet and so we divulged into the breakfast menu, I had freshly squeezed orange juice, breakfast tea and to eat, the smoked salmon and scrambled eggs on brioche - it was without a doubt, one of the nicest breakfasts I've ever eaten. It was neither too big, too small or too sickly as I've found it can be when I've had this meal in other places. My friend had the basket of pastries and so when ordering, I cheekily asked if I could try some of the seaside doughnuts on the side, which the waiter kindly suggested that he would add an extra few to my friends basket free of charge - how yummy they were!

After raving about this place so much to my partner, we decided to go again this morning for breakfast a second time, unfortunately the weather had taken a turn for the worst from yesterday (it was wet and windy), and it was - as expected - slightly busier with a large party of around ten people followed by a few other tables of three to four people and so the service, as you would expect took slightly longer, but was barely noticeable as we were still in awe at the scenery and the pleasant atmosphere of the place. At this point I feel I should mention that my partner's the type to enjoy a little traditional village cafe as opposed to the more modern surroundings Angelica presents and so hearing him say he liked it is a big bonus!

Again, I ordered the salmon and my partner ordered the full English breakfast, the food arrived hot with very good portion sizes, and although you would normally think an English breakfast unhealthy, it was clear that this wasn't, or if it was, you certainly wouldn't think it. It was delightful meal yet again.

My only hinderance is the cost of certain meals, two glasses of orange juice came to £7 - now if I'm being fair it was obviously freshly squeezed but not only does it feel a lot for what it is, I was sure the menu listed it as £2 a glass, which to me seems a lot more reasonable.

I would recommend anyone to visit Angelica, but most of all on a sunny day to be able to fully appreciate the spectacular views on offer, with a delightful offering of food to follow.

• Visited January 2014
I am thrilled to hear that on both of your visits to Angelica you had a fabulous time!

Thank you ever so much for your great feedback, also for the time it took to put together such a detailed review.

I hope to welcome you back to Angelica very soon!

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“Menu lacking in choice”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

First the good points; great atmosphere and views, even on a dull winter's day. Service good and relatively quick given we visited on a Saturday lunch time. But the menu lacked variety. Dominated by fish and steak, there was very little chicken or vegetarian food. What we ate was well cooked and presented, but oily and heavy and was served without any vegetables or salad. I recognise that this is what some people like, but it would have been nice to have a choice.

• Visited January 2014
Louise C, General Manager at Angelica, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Hello,

Thank you very much for your comments about your experience in Angelica. Firstly I will have the agree with the scenery, no matter how dull the weather can be the views across Leeds can’t be beaten.
I would like to apologise that you weren’t happy with the menu, I will certainly pass on your comments to the Executive Head Chef and we will be reviewing the menus.
We all hope that you will return, to either Crafthouse or Angelica in the near future. Our sister restaurant Crafthouse has a wider range of food on the menu and it is avaialibe to view on our website or you are more than welcome to call our reception team on 01138970444 to discuss the menu further.

Many Thanks