“Absolutely Fabulous!”
Review of Angelica

Angelica
Reserve with OpenTable
Angelica is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #170 of 1,894 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: European, British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Having only been introduced to the hidden away higher-floors of Trinity just yesterday, I've been fortunate enough to dine there now twice in just twenty-four hours!

On my first visit, I was stunned by the spectacular views (fortunately, it was a sunny day) and the service was helpful, friendly and fast. Me and my friends arrived at around half ten, which was peacefully quiet and so we divulged into the breakfast menu, I had freshly squeezed orange juice, breakfast tea and to eat, the smoked salmon and scrambled eggs on brioche - it was without a doubt, one of the nicest breakfasts I've ever eaten. It was neither too big, too small or too sickly as I've found it can be when I've had this meal in other places. My friend had the basket of pastries and so when ordering, I cheekily asked if I could try some of the seaside doughnuts on the side, which the waiter kindly suggested that he would add an extra few to my friends basket free of charge - how yummy they were!

After raving about this place so much to my partner, we decided to go again this morning for breakfast a second time, unfortunately the weather had taken a turn for the worst from yesterday (it was wet and windy), and it was - as expected - slightly busier with a large party of around ten people followed by a few other tables of three to four people and so the service, as you would expect took slightly longer, but was barely noticeable as we were still in awe at the scenery and the pleasant atmosphere of the place. At this point I feel I should mention that my partner's the type to enjoy a little traditional village cafe as opposed to the more modern surroundings Angelica presents and so hearing him say he liked it is a big bonus!

Again, I ordered the salmon and my partner ordered the full English breakfast, the food arrived hot with very good portion sizes, and although you would normally think an English breakfast unhealthy, it was clear that this wasn't, or if it was, you certainly wouldn't think it. It was delightful meal yet again.

My only hinderance is the cost of certain meals, two glasses of orange juice came to £7 - now if I'm being fair it was obviously freshly squeezed but not only does it feel a lot for what it is, I was sure the menu listed it as £2 a glass, which to me seems a lot more reasonable.

I would recommend anyone to visit Angelica, but most of all on a sunny day to be able to fully appreciate the spectacular views on offer, with a delightful offering of food to follow.

VytauS, General Manager at Angelica, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

I am thrilled to hear that on both of your visits to Angelica you had a fabulous time!

Thank you ever so much for your great feedback, also for the time it took to put together such a detailed review.

I hope to welcome you back to Angelica very soon!

Best Wishes,
Vytautas

Reviewed January 4, 2014

First the good points; great atmosphere and views, even on a dull winter's day. Service good and relatively quick given we visited on a Saturday lunch time. But the menu lacked variety. Dominated by fish and steak, there was very little chicken or vegetarian food. What we ate was well cooked and presented, but oily and heavy and was served without any vegetables or salad. I recognise that this is what some people like, but it would have been nice to have a choice.

Louise C, General Manager at Angelica, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Hello,

Thank you very much for your comments about your experience in Angelica. Firstly I will have the agree with the scenery, no matter how dull the weather can be the views across Leeds can’t be beaten.
I would like to apologise that you weren’t happy with the menu, I will certainly pass on your comments to the Executive Head Chef and we will be reviewing the menus.
We all hope that you will return, to either Crafthouse or Angelica in the near future. Our sister restaurant Crafthouse has a wider range of food on the menu and it is avaialibe to view on our website or you are more than welcome to call our reception team on 01138970444 to discuss the menu further.

Many Thanks

Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

We regularly eat at Angelica and pop in for drinks, and it is consistently good! I've been away working for the last three months or so, but having three weeks of at Christmas we haven't been able to keep away.

NYE was brilliant, atmosphere was great and not over crowded!

The staff are personal and this restaurant is managed so well it is like the managers own the place. Without knowing you wouldn't believe it part of a worldwide group, that often means forced corporate management.

The drinks selection is extensive particularly the Champagne.

They've put the right man in the Kitchen, I believe the executive chef is called Lee, nice to see him about a lot too...

This place really is the place to go in Leeds...

As long as we continue to receive the level of service we have recently we will remain loyal customers!!!

Hello,

I’m very happy to hear that you had a good time at New Year’s Eve in Angelica.
The staff take pride in their job and will only try and exceed on everything job that they do to ensure a great experience is had by all the guests.

Again, many thanks and hope to see you back in the near future

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Went here just before Christmas and enjoyed their stunning, if expensive cocktails. They take an enormous amount of care with these and it shows. Beautiful presentation and a great range. We didn't eat on this visit but the food definitely looked impressive. Service was excellent. The restaurant sits above the bustle of Leeds and Trinity itself, and the views across the city are really nice. Definitely recommended

Hello,

Thank you very much for your comments about Angelica. Our Bar Tenders take great pride in their work and are constantly working on new cocktails and improve the current ones for our guests.
Our Sister Restaurant Crafthouse sits on level 5 (Below Angelica) where we have a wide range of food and a large selection on wine to choose from.

Again, many thanks for your comments and hope to see you again in the near future

Reviewed December 30, 2013

We came here in Summer, and the place was so busy. We were a party of 6 but the staff managed to seat us outside pretty quickly . The service was nice, and we didn't have to grab anyone's attentions to get more drinks. Which is great when your engrossed in conversation. We all had cocktails and they were made very well. The prices were quite high but the ambiance and the views across Leeds were great, so it made up for it. The toilets were clean and well maintained. I would recommend this place to anyone who has friends or family visiting, it's a great place to show off Leeds. It's not often we can do that.

Hello,

Thank you for your comments about Angelica. We are very lucky where we are situated in Leeds and the views are out of this world. All staff take pride in their work and want to ensure that an amazing guest experience is had so I’m very happy to hear they exceed that on this occasion.

We all hope to see you back in the near future!

Many Thanks again