“Lunch with the penguins”

The Courtyard Cafe at Harewood
Ranked #1,218 of 1,871 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Soups
Altrincham, United Kingdom
“Lunch with the penguins”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

The terrace on the south side of the cafe overlooks the penguin pool and enclosure. We arrived at feeding time, and watched while the bird park staff explained things to children who were given fish to throw to the penguins. Although it was the end of the season, the cafe was well stocked with soup, snacks, and speciality coffees and teas. The staff were pleasant and attentive.

• Visited October 2013

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Delightful day!”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I've lived in Leeds all my life however, I've never managed to visit Harewood. Myself, my mum and my grandma visited on a busy Sunday afternoon. Unfortunately we were quite shocked at the entrance price but proceeded to go in. The grounds were beautiful, the penguins were very cute and funny to watch but other than that there wasn't much else going on. We decided to visit the courtyard cafe and initially were a bit apprehensive as it was so busy, however, I'm happy we did. The food was very reasonably priced, well presented and tasted wonderful and fresh but I have to say the staff were exceptional, although it was VERY busy they were all smiling, looking smart and being very attentive. Brilliant end to a our day out!

• Visited August 2013
“Cheap Coffee & Old Sandwiches!”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

If one was to visit Harewood House again, I would avoid this place at all costs. My coffee was awful, there wasn't any service & my sandwich tasted old.

• Visited July 2013