“Excellent service - great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of West Riding

West Riding
Ranked #609 of 1,811 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Excellent service - great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

I went to this pub at the suggestion of a friend & wasn't dissapointed. We ordered the whitby scampi & home made lasagne. The food was great & just what we were after. The decor is nice and more so the atmosphere relaxed & friendly. Would definitely recommend going if you're looking for good pub grub in a relaxed environment!

2 Thank Gavin110

“Friday nights.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

Everybody loves pretown pre busy bar and pre drunk people drinking spots before you go
Out and be one yourself. I use the west riding cuz of the good vibe and random dj on a Friday night! Good drinks slightly cheaper than town unless you know what doubles to get than is only £4ish a drink compared to £6 plus fur same in say call lane and this is still in city centre, seen lots of reviews for food here but never tried so can't comment but great bar for my needs!!!

2 Thank Haley666
“Quality food in a friendly pub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

I have visited this pub on many occasions and have eaten there several times. The food is amazing. I can't understand how some of the other reviews have complained about the pizzas. I unfortunately have certain food allergies etc so have to be careful when eating out. On two occasions I have ordered the goats cheese pizza but I can't eat spinach. On both occasions Kieran the chef has come down to see me to personally check what I would like instead on the pizzas. Ordering off menu - that's hard enough in a top restaurant so in a local pub - that to me shows how passionate Kieran is about food (and it shows with his daily specials and the rest of the menu) and that the staff put the customer first. On other occasions I have had the baby haddock and chips (baby? It was more like a whale!), the goats cheese salad and several off the sandwich menu. The prices are good, and the quality of food, better than most pubs in leeds (and at those you'd pay almost double!). Everything tastes really fresh and the ingredients decent quality.
Also, staff are always welcoming and very pleasant, and can always recommend something - food or drink wise if you're not sure what you want.
All in all, I think this is my favourite pub in leeds! Even if I pop in by myself, I never feel uncomfortable as the staff alway make me feel welcome and are always happy to have a chat.
I recommend that you try it and definitely give the food a go. It's a refreshing change to have proper home cooked food (instead of the usual branches of pubs where the food is all frozen) in a city pub! You won't be disappointed!

2 Thank Cherry-review
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Definitely NOT the best pub in Leeds”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

A group of 14 friends decided to visit this pub for lunch one Friday and because there were so many of us and we were on a tight timescale we pre-ordered lunch for 12.15. Having sat there for 30 minutes we asked the waitress where our lunches were. No apology just a blunt "its coming". Some of us got lunch at 12.55, some of us got lunch at 1.05 having asked repeatedly where it was, and one person got nothing. We were told one of the items we'd preordered at 9.45 that morning was not on the menu, even though we had it by email and confirmed our order by email. We had been supplied with a menu from the previous Christmas! At no point did the waitresses apologise and from what we could see they did not know what the food was coming out of the kitchen nor who had ordered it. The owner eventually appeared but his argumentative and jokey attitude did nothing to alleviate our annoyance. We did get a discount but feel we earned it and to be honest the food was average at best.

2 Thank Phillippa C
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
“Good place, would go again but a little disappointed by my meal.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

Have heard lots of rave reviews about the food here from friends. Whilst I have no reason to disbelieve them, my meal was a little disappointing...

I had a margarita pizza but it was quite bland. The base was to crispy/thin and just didn't taste of much and the toppings where more takeaway pizza than restaurant pizza. It seemed like they could do with some seasoning and better tomato sauce!

My partner had a pizza (with toppings) too and still thought it was pretty bland.

The staff where brilliant and are definitely a big asset!

To be fair it may of been a bad day and just that we did not experience them at their best. I will be going again due to all the rave reviews I have heard, but just wanted to give my feedback.

• Visited August 2013