“Standard pub grub”

West End House
Ranked #6 of 1,886 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A traditional pub serving a Great Menu, a large range of Ciders and Award Winning Cask Ales!
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Whilst in Leeds at the weekend we decided to visit this pub for a meal with our friends, we drove past and it seemed lively and we saw the advert food was been served.
On entry we found our seats and looked at the menu, pretty much what you would expect the find on a pub menu the usuals.
I ordered the Mixel Grill my wife had the Lasagne and my 2 friends had the fish and chips.
When ordering the member of staff seemed to have a slight attitude problem due to been run of her feet which can be understandable but to take this out on the customer isnt right? This put me off pretty much from the off.

Whilst waiting for 30 minutes for our food we enjoyed some of the hand pulled beers that were on which were wonderful!

When our food arrived our friends had to ask 2/3 times for tartar sauce for their meals. The food was nice and enjoyable although the lasagne looked like a cheap microwave meal you would buy from a cheap frozen food store.

All round i did enjoy the beer and the food at this pub but the member of staff ruined our visit

2  Thank Darren J
There are newer reviews for West End House

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Last time we ate here was a couple of years ago but we had a day off so decided to visit again today. We were not disappointed! We both opted for the steak, ale and mushroom pie. All I can say is WOW! The puff pastry was crisp and light and the steak just melted in the mouth and there was so much of it and not a bit of fat/gristle with plenty of mushrooms. The gravy was so good my hubby to be licked his plate clean. The vegetables were all local and fresh not frozen and cooked to perfection. The staff are very polite and attentive. The meals are not badly priced for the amount you get and the quality beats the big companies hands down. We will definitely start calling in here a lot more often again.

Robert T, Owner at West End House, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to let us know how we're doing. After 21 years at the West End it's good to know we are still keeping the customers happy!
Our Christmas Menu is out in early September www.westendleeds.co.uk for all the details!

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Called in on the off chance as was passing by on my way home from work. boy I'm glad I did what a cracking pub!!!! The food was delightful and the staff we're really nice and hospitable. The place is also cosy and cleaning stayed a few hours and got chatting to a few locals.. A real pub. 5*****

Reviewed July 28, 2013

A really nice and friendly environment. Food is lovely Well worth the money. For a all round great dining experience you need to come to the West End

Reviewed July 28, 2013

My family eat here often and all i can say is what a really lovely place. The food is lovely, the staff are always friendly and polite. The prices are really good and well worth the money. If you want a fantastic meal in a really lovely warm and friendly environment the West End is the place to go.