“Rude staff and over priced food”
Review of Debenhams

Debenhams
Ranked #1,104 of 1,838 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: British
London, United Kingdom
“Rude staff and over priced food”
Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

I ordered a tuna baguette and a tea, i got to the tills and the member of staff asked if i wanted to add a donation on for charity. I said yea a couple of pounds is fine so he told me they told me the total and i held a note out to pay. At the same time another member of staff was talking about there weekend and what they had been doing, they were more involved in this conversion than serving me. Still holding the money out i was still being ignored so i put the money done on the counter. I could not believe how rude the staff were.
When i eventually i sat down i cut my baguette in half and had 1 bite. It was full of cucumber and hardly any tuna filling. There wasn't a que so i took it back and the staff were still talking they knew i was stood waiting wanting their attention but again were ignoring me. Then they came over and i showed them and they agreed the filling was poor and let me swap for something else. For a pretty much empty baguette for nearly £5 don't come here

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Grace0035

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Nice location but terrible”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Iv been here a few times and i like it because its normally quiet and we don't have to que for long. On my last few visits the food portions have been quite small and i have to say it is not worth the money like it was. I ordered fish and chips or should i say fish and chip as there were hardly any and they were raw. Then my friend ordered a carvery roll as the people in front of us ordered 1 and it looked nice, but our turn and they had run out of baguettes and gave him a round bun instead with the smallest piece of meat inside. Then at the tills i was in shock when they said it was still the same price as the baguettes and the portion was filled with over double the size. What a rip off

• Visited November 2013
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
“A little bit of everything”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

A bit of everything is in Debenhams, there is little sections for make-up and clothes ect, it's a pretty neat place to go to if you want to find something but don't want to trundle through the city centre to look for it.

Visited October 2012
Leeds, United Kingdom
“A nice Carvery meal”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Went to Debenhams store lunchtime on Wednesday. Purchased the two Pork carvery meals, but unfortunately we waited so long to get two teas also, that our carvery meal was quite cool. There was only one person in front of us getting hot drinks, but the lady had to also take the money. The meal was very nice, but would have been better if warmer.

• Visited April 2013
East Riding of Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“Very disappointing!”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We decided to pop in for lunch on Friday at around 1pm. Food counters are at both sides of the restaurant which serve different meals. My self and guest opted for a Jacket potato. Having ordered tea and coffee I paid for the order and then waited for the meals at the cash register. During this time more customers were waiting to pay for their food and I found my self being shoved out of the way by an ignorant female pensioner. There was no offer to bring the order to the table to prevent the awkward wait. The potatoes were very small hence being served two on each plate. They were burnt black and the meagre potion of tuna and sweetcorn filling was placed on top rather than inside. The restaurant was clean but I couldn't understand why the air conditioning was blasting cold air out on a winter day - not very comfortable. I will definitely give this place a miss when next visiting Leeds.

• Visited February 2013