“It started with brown lettuce !!!!”
Review of Nawaz Restaurant

Nawaz Restaurant
Ranked #147 of 1,932 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 2, 2014

So after years of dining at East India restaurant in crossgates we thought we would give Nawaz a go well we won't be doing that again .... Should have realised it was only gonna go down hill when we were served brown pre packed salad with our starter. I ordered the Sami special which is described on the menu as chicken breast and cheese served with fried onion peppers tomatoes and potatoes well I got the chicken and cheese but nothing else !!! Flagged it up to the serving staff there response was far from good "well most customers don't like the side so we serve it without as we were making it and wasting it " really as a customer I will make the requests for changes on the dish not you ... If your gonna charge me the full price I want the full dish!!!! We then ordered the nawaz special fish and the lamb balti accompanied by naan bread and pilau rice ... The sides were good the mains were shocking. When I bit into the king prawn instead of getting a mouth full of sauce it was a mouthful of water obviously frozen and badly cooked massive let down will not be going again

Reviewed March 31, 2014

We visited on mothers day evening.six of us had an excellent meal as always. We have been regular visitors since Nawaz opened, both eating in and takeaway. We have never had a meal that wasn't excellent. The staff are very friendly, welcoming and helpful.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

This is our local Indian Restaurant, we have a meal from here at least once a week and that has been since it opened, we haven't had a bad meal yet. It's always the place to book for a celebration. The service you receive is second to none, from the minute you walk in to the minute you leave, you are made to feel welcome and special. The Food is the best around, tasty, hearty and at such a great price there's nothing not to like. Some reviews on here claim the food isn't 'fresh', I'm a fussy eater and have never thought this. The meat is always good quality and there's plenty of it! It's a bring your own drink, which means the price of an amazing meal isn't expensive, the waiters are only too happy to get you a wine cooler or a bottle opener. The atmosphere is always buzzing and happy, Indian music is always played which is lovely. The décor is modern and certainly not outdated. This Indian is the place to be! Don't be put off by the People on here, try it for your self, you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

This place is the only place I would recommend. The food is fantastic. The service is second to none worth everyone friendly and welcoming all the time. Bring your own drink means the price of a night out is uncompearable. You MUST eat here.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

We had been there first time as was recommended by our friends. Had a very warm welcome and been seated in pleasent atmosphere with nice indian music. Waiters were extremely friendly and helpful. We ordered papadoms and pickle tray, ever best selection I have had in my life. We ordered seafood mix for our starters the best of the best I would say. Followed by our mains the best curry of my life. We really enjoyed the food, the atmosphere, friendly attitude and in very economic prices. I would recommend it to every one but dont forget to bring your owm booze.