“Flying visits on my travels”
Review of GourmetSnack - CLOSED

GourmetSnack
Cuisines: International
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Ripon, United Kingdom
“Flying visits on my travels”
Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

I commute a lot through Yorkshire but while ever passing through Leeds I always make a detour, staff are very friendly the owner very passionate and hard working he is never not there when I call in for one of these amazing sarnies. Keep up the fantastic work gourmetsnack

• Visited January 2014

“What Leeds has been missing”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Finally a great place to have nice healthy food in the centre of town thats made with passion by a chef thats obviously cares greatly about his food and what the customers are eating and above all else it tastes fantastic

Otley, England, United Kingdom
“Best way to start the day”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

For those of you who, like myself, still like to start the day from time to time with a bacon sandwich, this place is a must. Most places serve up bacon which seems to been cooked to death, over a period of several days; as if the customer isn't awake enough to notice... Not so GourmetSnack! Prepared, while you wait (and isn't any all the best food worth waiting for??) and cooked to your preference, using decent meat and lovely bread.
But this is only the beginning. As other reviewers have stated, the range of sandwiches is brilliant, each one a careful blend of quality ingredients, put together by someone with an obvious passion for and knowledge of good food. The range of accompanying items is also good; interesting crisps, some great cakes and a nice selection of drinks.
It's easy to simply dash out of the office and grab something in a packet from the nearest supermarket or chain sandwich shop, but believe me it is well worth taking the time to go the extra few yards to get food that is, quite literally 'on another level'!

• Visited May 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
“It's about time!”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Well it certainly is about time that the top end of town had a good local sandwich deli shop and by jove Gourmet Snack does exactly what it says on the outside.

The only thing misleading is in the name of the shop is snack, the sandwiches are like nuclear subs and are as filling as they are tasty.

To be honest the first time I went to Gourmet was because I was sick of Costa giving me half a latte and being luke warm at the best of times, so I was getting fed up of repeatedly having to ask for it to be warmed up and filled up, and to be honest I was never really a fan of their coffee.

My brother and I meet 2-3 times a week for a coffee and it was his suggestion that we try Gourmet Snack with it being new and close to where we both work and I am glad we did, the latte's are much smoother and rich tasting without the grainy horrible bitter taste we had become accustomed to, it was a taste sensation! Plus they were full and hot, which is always a bonus.

We met several times over the coming weeks and were very happy with what we were getting and got to know the owner and staff well and they are always happy to help and very friendly.

To be honest it took a while for us to take the plunge and buy a sandwich despite almost drooling over them every time we met in the shop. I had a sandwich which is fondly nicked named 'warm welly', which is hard to say at the best of times. This is of course the beef wellington. Beef wellington is one of my favourite dishes and to have it in a sandwich is something I could not turn down.

I was intrigued as to how the would be presented / taste and to be honest I my expectations were not that high, I was expecting the meat to be dry and the mushroom pate to be soggy. Well let me tell you I am the first person to admit I was wrong.

The meat = soft, tender and full of flavour
Pate = smooth, luxurious and seasoned to perfection
English mustard = gave that tangy and heat you need for a beef sandwich
Bread = one of the nicest bread rolls I have had

My only regret is that it took us so long to take the plunge and have a sandwich. I am currently working my way through the sandwich menu and I have had:

The Cajun
The Wellington
The New York Deli

I can not wait to try the others. The hardest thing to do will be to pick a favourite!

Leeds, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great find, great food!”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I stumbled across this place when I was in the Merrion centre last week and I have to say the Sandwich I had was delicious! A friend and I stopped in for lunch and were greeted by friendly service and a great selection of sandwiches. I tried the Wellington and it was delightful, better than most sandwich shops/cafes I have tried in Leeds.
There are also tables so we were able to eat in.

Definately worth a visit and I for sure will be returning to try another of the sandwich creations.