“Disappointing”

Cuisines: Mexican
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

My boyfriend and I have just eaten at the Barburrito on the Headrow in Leeds, we had heard good things and are both huge fans of mexican food so thought we would give it a try. However, we both left feeling very disappointed. The service was lacklustre, the staff clearly wanted to be elsewhere and weren't particularly welcoming. The process of ordering was similar to that of Subway but most of the containers were almost empty and what was left looked like it had been there most of the afternoon, the choices of toppings seemed fairly limited without having to pay extra. The burrito itself was ok, would have been nicer with more meat, less rice and if it was warm. Sadly it was cold, somewhat tasteless, apart from the guacamole and salsa, which seemed fresh and added a bit of flavour. Wouldn't really recommend.

Visited June 2013

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Consistently reliable tasty food”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I go to Barburitto quite a bit and always find it realiable, tasty, fast food. It's definitely one of the best fast food options out there and a brilliant alternative to places like McDs. I find the portions quite small, but it's not so bad, especially if you get a loyalty card.

I find the veggie burrito bowl consistently tasty

Visited February 2013
“Tasty Chilli...”
Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

Barburrito Leeds - Visited 8pm 12/02/2013. I guess since it closes at 9 I should expect to watch the place being cleaned?

The Chilli tasted good. A definite kick. Strips of real beef instead of mince or ground beef. £5.50. Beer too was OK. Negra Modelo. £3.50.

Ordering was a bit clumsy. Think Subway and 20 questions. “I just want some chilli and rice! I’m hungry!”

Might pop back sometime. 6/10.

Falkirk
“Fantastic”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

My friend and I were recently in Leeds and found this place, food was fantastic and the staff all very friendly and helpful, will definitely use again if we are in the area

• Visited November 2012
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Love this place!”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I first discovered Barburrito while I was on a work trip to Manchester, so I was delighted to find that there was one in Leeds too. You have to bear in mind that this is a fast food place rather than a restaurant, but even so the food is great - fresh, full of flavour, quick - exactly what I want from the high street when I'm busy. Yes you might only get a plastic fork, but you won't care when you've munched your way through your burrito. Mexican food is under represented in general, but if anyone ever visited Cocina in Bradford then let me assure you that this is a whole different level don't worry! The prices are reasonable for fresh food, but not bargain basement - between five and ten pounds for food and drink per person. If I was in a city where they have Barburrito then I wouldn't bother eating anywhere else at lunchtime and I can't really say anything more than that. Except Nom.

• Visited November 2012