“from lucas monks age 8”

Skyliner Restaurant
Ranked #143 of 1,838 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Welcome to the Skyliner, we are a family run restaurant and takeaway in our 53rd year. We pride ourselves in providing top quality fish & chips sourcing the best products available daily. We offer a Gluten Free menu too, including our famous fish & chips. We also cater for parties and functions with free delivery, or why not have your party right here with us?
“from lucas monks age 8”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

thank you for my fish and chips that i had today i loved it
i always like to come for my lunch when i am not at school.

from lucas monks

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Superb 'Fish & Chips' Dining - Recommended”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

'Skyliner' is on my route to work and back, but I never managed to go, until this afternoon. I have to say the strong recommendations are thoroughly deserved - here's an efficient, welcoming restaurant with a very diverse menu and - most importantly - serving really excellent food. My parents were over in Leeds for the day, and my Dad was still raving about how he'd enjoyed eating here long after we left!! Great cuisine, fantastic atmosphere and not over-priced, as some eateries can be. Definitely be going back, either to eat-in or take-away.

“Lush”
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

Post xmas lunch.....spot on as ever, even the chicken fillets in a fish restaurant are quality-Adam and Rachel

Barnsley England
“Best Fish & Chips in Leeds”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

On the 20th of December our friends invited us to this restaurant for a meal, we love fish and chips but there are not many GOOD FISH AND CHIP restaurants, and surprisingly none in Leeds Centre
Skyliner is well worth the trip to Garforth. Very friendly staff, an owner who comes out of the kitchen to speak to diners .. It's not cheap, but well worth the prices they charge.
The 16oz special was a perfectly cooked pure white lightly battered piece of Haddock with 'real' mushy peas and chunky crispy chips.Scampi comes in either batter or breadcrumbs, juicy pieces full of flavour. My Halibut deep fried in light crispy batter was a treat, and a change from my usual choice of haddock. But I must admit next time I'll choose the monster Haddock

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Great Fish & Chips and consistent quality”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

This is one of the few remaining fish & chip restaurants where the "fryer" seems to actually care about the food! It's usually busy (sometimes with queues) and that tells a story - people don't queue for average Fish & Chips.
With the seeming decline in popularity for this traditional type of meal this place seems to buck the trend, and ever since I have been visiting (for over 30 years) it has maintained its quality. It is reasonable in value and the portions are quite generous, the waiting staff are efficient and courteous, and the restaurant is nicely decorated. The atmosphere and decor are just about right for a Chippy restaurant - not plush but more than acceptable.
Only beef - you have to go back into the shop to pay your bill (please can you change that?)
The menu is obviously fish-based but there are other options and children are catered for.
If you want proper F&C give this place a try - I will certainly be back.

• Visited November 2013