“Awesome”

Skyliner Restaurant
Ranked #143 of 1,838 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Welcome to the Skyliner, we are a family run restaurant and takeaway in our 53rd year. We pride ourselves in providing top quality fish & chips sourcing the best products available daily. We offer a Gluten Free menu too, including our famous fish & chips. We also cater for parties and functions with free delivery, or why not have your party right here with us?
Redditch
“Awesome”
Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

This place is amazing. I went to buy just done chips and saw that they did gluten free fish and chips

Gluten free fish and chip are like rocking horse poo. I had plaice, chips and peas. They even had gluten free vinegar.

The taste was superb. I can highly recommend this place

Castleford, United Kingdom
“Fantastic evening, great restaurant!!!”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

We recently attended a wedding party at the Skyliner restaurant. Not a typical venue for a such an event we thought, but hey, we'll give it a go. Are we glad we did. This was one of the best nights out we have ever experienced. The food was excellent. A 3 course meal, cooked to perfection and best of all piping hot! The staff were fantastic, nothing was too much trouble, and everything was attended to with a smile. To top it off the entertainment was fantastic....thank you James.

• Visited November 2013
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
“Consistently good.”
Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

There is a reason why the Skyliner is always busy and that is the great fish & chips! Our waiter could have been a little more attentive and it felt slightly cramped as it was busy, but that is really picking fault at what was an excellent fish & chip feast. Superb chips, meaty fish with crisp batter and some of Yorkshire's finest mushy peas! Top tip: you REALLY need to be hungry to go for the larger option!

• Visited August 2013
“Simply the best fish and chips in Leeds”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

My wife and I had the special haddock and chips. The fish was clearly fresh, the batter really crisp. Chips were perfectly cooked and obviously straight from the fryer. There's no point in messing with the fish/chip formula and, thankfully, Skyliner do not do it. There's plenty of pretenders to the crown, but they are just that. Treat yourself and get there, its fab. I should also make special mention of the waiter. Talk about on the ball! What a lovely fella.

• Visited October 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Poor customer service, not great fish and chips”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Given the numerous good reviews, I visited the restaurant one evening during the week with my two elderly parents on a Sunday evening. On arrival the restaurant was empty apart from two other people. Very disappointed with the food, fish very dry and did not look very presentable the chips were not brilliant, did not enjoy at all. Only went here as it was a bit chilly and was nearer than driving to Wetherby as we normally go to Wetherby Whaler, which has always proved first class and as yet never been disappointed. Could do with more space between tables, very cramped.

• Visited August 2013
A_Brownbill-Meehan, Owner at Skyliner Restaurant, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for your review, I am sorry to read you did not enjoy your visit to us, however I am slightly confused as to when you came to our restaurant as your review states you came in "one evening during the week" and then goes on to say it was a Sunday evening. in order for me to investigate this matter further I would be grateful if you could contact me at the restaurant or by email to clarify the day of your visit and to discuss this further with you.
our email address is skylinerleeds@yahoo.co.uk
kindest regards,