“Simply the best fish and chips in Leeds” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Skyliner Restaurant

Skyliner Restaurant
Ranked #148 of 1,790 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Seafood, British
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Welcome to the Skyliner, we are a family run restaurant and takeaway in our 53rd year. We pride ourselves in providing top quality fish & chips sourcing the best products available daily. We offer a Gluten Free menu too, including our famous fish & chips. We also cater for parties and functions with free delivery, or why not have your party right here with us?
“Simply the best fish and chips in Leeds”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

My wife and I had the special haddock and chips. The fish was clearly fresh, the batter really crisp. Chips were perfectly cooked and obviously straight from the fryer. There's no point in messing with the fish/chip formula and, thankfully, Skyliner do not do it. There's plenty of pretenders to the crown, but they are just that. Treat yourself and get there, its fab. I should also make special mention of the waiter. Talk about on the ball! What a lovely fella.

• Visited October 2013

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Poor customer service, not great fish and chips”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

Given the numerous good reviews, I visited the restaurant one evening during the week with my two elderly parents on a Sunday evening. On arrival the restaurant was empty apart from two other people. Very disappointed with the food, fish very dry and did not look very presentable the chips were not brilliant, did not enjoy at all. Only went here as it was a bit chilly and was nearer than driving to Wetherby as we normally go to Wetherby Whaler, which has always proved first class and as yet never been disappointed. Could do with more space between tables, very cramped.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
A_Brownbill-Meehan, Owner at Skyliner Restaurant, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for your review, I am sorry to read you did not enjoy your visit to us, however I am slightly confused as to when you came to our restaurant as your review states you came in "one evening during the week" and then goes on to say it was a Sunday evening. in order for me to investigate this matter further I would be grateful if you could contact me at the restaurant or by email to clarify the day of your visit and to discuss this further with you.
our email address is skylinerleeds@yahoo.co.uk
kindest regards,
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Fish & Chips at there very best!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

Whilst working in the area, i called in for some lunch.Decided that i would eat in and was not dissapointed.
From the moment i sat down, the staff were very attentative and the quality of Fish,Chips and Mushy Peas was 2nd to none, even the bits were excellent(scraps to others)
Competatively priced, good service, and cheerful people means i will be visiting again.

This is the first time i have ever reviewed a fish & chip restaurant, so that should tell you something.
I would definatley reccomend and i am sure this family business will continue to deliver the best fish and chips in Leeds for years to come!!!!

• Visited October 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Yummy fish and chips”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

The fish and chips are the nicest I've had in a while in Leeds. The chips are amazing - better than Magpie in Whitby! The fish is delish too. I've eaten in the restaurant and used the takeaway and I was happy every time. I come from West Leeds to get them so they must be good.

• Visited September 2013
Yorkshire Dales National Park, United Kingdom
“Top quality F&C”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

Try a lightly-battered jumbo haddock. If you like fish and chips, you'll love this little restaurant/takeaway. The staff are friendly and although Fish & Chips are expensive nowadays, the food here is very good.

• Visited August 2013