“What a great find.”

Ambiente Tapas Restaurant
Ranked #62 of 1,886 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Style: lively, classy, stylish and vibrant restaurant in the heart of Leeds’ trendy Calls Lane area Size: 94 covers, plus small bar and balcony Good for: couples, families, large parties, special occasions, working lunches, weekend drinks, casual lunch, formal dinner, access to Calls Wharf, Leeds Armories, Corn Exchange and city centre
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Elegantly relaxed and looking out over the river this was just a lovely experience from start to finish. Special note goes to clearly marking the vegetarian wines and the presence of a vegan menu. The food was varied but uniformly delicious. My parents chose a flight (three glasses) from the extensive sherry menu. The service was efficient and knowledgeable. We will definitely be back.

There are newer reviews for Ambiente Tapas Restaurant

Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

I can't recommend this place enough, most of us ordered from set menu's (based on 2 sharing) which were absolutely delicious! There were 8 of us & we all had our mains + desserts & wine & our bill was much lower than we anticipated! Great atmosphere/great food/excellent value for money!!! :-)

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Let me just qualify slightly by saying that I am pescatarian so I did not sample any meat dishes. I may also have been more disappointed because I used the Leeds forum for recommendations for a Sunday evening and therefore was really looking forward to eating here. Also, I have not long got back from Tenerife -where the Spanish food tasted great.

The place was quiet and we were seated overlooking the water. The decor is nice. Place clean. Music eclectic but nicely judged. Waiting staff were warm, chatty and helpful... 'faultless' in fact for my taste.

I really enjoyed the tasting menu of different sherries and the glass of house wine I had later was really good.Perhaps it was the dry fino sherry that wrecked my palate?

The food all arrived at once- understandable I suppose as they were quiet, but that doesn't encourage a tapas experience. It all looked good but just didn't taste great.

The Pan Catalan "freshly toasted bread with tomato and garlic" appeared to be, admittedly, freshly toasted, but was in fact a basic pannini, drizzed with balsamic and far too soft and sweet. There are some lovely breads out there and this wasn't one of them. My daughter hated it.

Gambas con crema de manchego "grilled prawns with a spiced manchego mojo sauce" was not bad- spicy cheesy prawns. The patatas bravas was dire- browned potato cubes with a soggy sauce which seemed mainly chopped tomato with little else. The suppli "mozzarella and risotto croquettes" were big and claggy with no melting centres. Queso de cabra y el hinojo was a nice goats cheese dish with beetroot chips. Champinones was a frazzled mushroom concoction with a greasy split sauce and overpowering tarragon.

The meal was not redeemed by the churros , which I swear, had shared its oil with many different dishes and was overcooked. The chocolate sauce with it was fine.

I fed back to staff when they asked, as both of us left lots of food. Let's face it -one has to have the guts to tell the staff before scuttling home to post on here. They were apologetic, but I didn't press matters because a third of the food was quite nice.

This was not the nicest selection of Spanish or Spanish fusion I have had, but I would try it again because for all my whingeing, the bill was £40. Perhaps the chef was knackered?

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Our third dining experience at this fab restaurant and just cannot fault the place. Good service, good food and an excellent bottle of wine...what more could you want?

Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

This is my second visit to the restaurant and it didn't disappoint . We didn't get one of our dishes until much later which is why the service was marked down but when or did arrive it was amazing. Try the liver if you can. There is a great atmosphere and you are not rushed its airy and just a fantastic place to catch up with friends . Genuinely you forget you are in leeds for an hour or so and could be abroad . Last time we did the sherry tasting and that was fabulous too. This place offers something really unique on leeds