“Really good”

Ambiente Tapas Restaurant
Ranked #63 of 1,894 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Style: lively, classy, stylish and vibrant restaurant in the heart of Leeds’ trendy Calls Lane area Size: 94 covers, plus small bar and balcony Good for: couples, families, large parties, special occasions, working lunches, weekend drinks, casual lunch, formal dinner, access to Calls Wharf, Leeds Armories, Corn Exchange and city centre
Reviewed January 25, 2014

So, we arrived here because we couldn't decide what we wanted, but it turned out to be a good choice - not up to the amazing El Gato Negro tapas bar in Ripponden but way above La Tasca. We had the seabass (really good), pork belly, mushrooms and salt cod croquetas and then the chorizo and potato (amazing), bubble and squeak croquettes and mozzarella and risotto balls (v nice) with with wine and beer, followed by churros and chocolate sauce and sherry, all for a reasonable price. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

The friend I went with eats fish but not meat so we shared vegetarian and fish tapas - both were delicious. For a busy Friday night the quality of food and service were excellent.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

Lovely food, lovely surroundings, friendly staff, I told the waiter I wanted a full bodied red, that's exactly what I got, it was perfect

Staff were good serving hot, tasty, well presented food

Reviewed January 23, 2014

Walkable (though it's a brisk one!) from the station and the city centre hotels - my daughter found this on some 'Where to eat in Leeds' advice when she was living there for a year. I've since eaten there twice with her and once each with three different colleagues - I can't remember when I last ate somewhere five times. The food is lovely - tapas obviously - good range to choose from including vegetarian and fish options - and it comes to you as it's cooked so piping hot and not all at once. We usually have 7 dishes between us and, with drinks, think good value for c.£50 for two people.

Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

After a tough day at work and emotional passing of Hayley Cropper we just couldn't face cooking. Luckily, we happened upon Ambiente. The menu was varied, sophisticated and perfectly prepared. Desert was unique and delicious. And it turns out I like sherry. Brilliant. A sad night for Roy and Hayley, an excellent night for dining.

2  Thank Pandora_is_my_Name