“One of my top 2 restaurants in Leeds”

Ambiente Tapas Restaurant
Ranked #57 of 1,837 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Style: lively, classy, stylish and vibrant restaurant in the heart of Leeds’ trendy Calls Lane area Size: 94 covers, plus small bar and balcony Good for: couples, families, large parties, special occasions, working lunches, weekend drinks, casual lunch, formal dinner, access to Calls Wharf, Leeds Armories, Corn Exchange and city centre
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
“One of my top 2 restaurants in Leeds”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I have visited 4 times now and brought different friends / colleagues each time. Not once have I had a bad plate of tapas. My favourite tapas here are different to what you might get in other tapas restaurants such as monkfish cheek, dates and almonds wrapped in ham, black pudding scotch egg or honey roasted lamb. Personally I enjoy the tapas style of eating, mixed with interesting takes on the food. Always well cooked, open kitchen, great wine list, lovely venue and good staff.
The only two comments I would have is that sometimes it can be a little quiet, so less atmosphere, although that has never degraded the consistently high quality food. Secondly, I do now find myself going for my favourite dishes, so would like a few new things on the menu.

Leeds
“Great tapas in lovely surroundings”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

We arrived late afternoon when the restaurant was fairly quiet and got a table overlooking the water. The service was excellent and welcoming and the tapas were amongst the best we've tasted. It was very reasonably priced and we enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere. it was our first visit but we@ll definitely be back.

Peterborough, United Kingdom
“First experience of tapas”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Had a wonderful meal here with my girlfriend for my birthday. First experience of proper tapas so had the taster menu a lamp dish and a jug of sangria everything was excellent lovely atmosphere and very nice decor. Great service and reasonably priced.

Leeds, England, United Kingdom
“Very Good Tapas, Great City Centre location. A good night with friends”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

My wife and I went with some friends to Ambiente last night and had a great time. I'd recommend about 4 dishes per person and the food is really nice. Some great dishes in particular were the Black pudding scotch eggs, belly pork and prawns but we enjoyed everything we ate.

The restaurant and facilities were all clean and tidy and being in the city centre the location is fantastic.

Score dropped to 4 as service wasn't fantastic, we ordered drinks on entry and they seemed to take ages to come. At the end of the meal one of the dishes had been missed and when we asked for it the kitchen had closed so we couldn't get it. We never got offered a dessert menu and then once we had received the bill nobody came to take payment so we had to go to the till to pay.

The atmosphere was a bit clinical for a Tapas bar. By that I mean it is quite a large restaurant and has an English tapas restaurant feel rather than a Spanish tapas bar.

The above are all relatively small things but add up so that when I compare to El Bareto it just isn't quite a good.

Overall a very good night, reasonably priced with great food. I'd definitely recommend and would definitely go again

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Excellent food, lovely staff - highly recommended”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

We'd known about Ambiente York for a few years; we've sampled their food at York Food Festival a few times and really liked it. It was our first time visiting the restaurant (Sun lunch in Oct) and we thoroughly enjoyed it.

What we liked:
* online reservation is convenient & it works!
* very quick reply to queries by email
* helpful & efficient staff (both online communication & face-to-face)
* layout & content of menu (clear, concise, divided into Meat, Seafood, Veggie sections)
* highly recommended for Vegetarians (I found the most of tapas places have very limited options for Veggies)
* fresh fish & seafood
* combination of texture & flavour, presentation were all excellent
* excellent selection of drinks (booze & non-booze)
* food & drink pairing for dessert (sherry recommendation for each dessert dish)

Room for improvement:
* no lift (disable access) to the restaurant. A very kind staff helped us carrying the stroller.
* price. Not the most expensive restaurant in Leeds but certainly not cheap. We'd known it so it wasn't a shock but it's one for a special occasions. Over all, acceptable but dessert could be £1 less than the current pricing.

It was 4 adults (including 1 Veggie, 1 Pescatarian) + a tot & a baby. We all really loved it.
The venue is perfect for a company do, special occasions like birthday & anniversary, also for romantic date.

• Visited October 2013