“Tapas to die for!”

Ambiente Tapas Restaurant
Ranked #54 of 1,828 Restaurants in Leeds
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Style: lively, classy, stylish and vibrant restaurant in the heart of Leeds’ trendy Calls Lane area Size: 94 covers, plus small bar and balcony Good for: couples, families, large parties, special occasions, working lunches, weekend drinks, casual lunch, formal dinner, access to Calls Wharf, Leeds Armories, Corn Exchange and city centre
Winchcombe, United Kingdom
“Tapas to die for!”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

A fantastic tapas experience. There is a terrific varied menu and all the dishes we had were full of flavour and beautifully cooked. The service was extremely good and we thoroughly enjoyed our meal. Highly recommended.

• Visited October 2013

York
“Average overall - nothing special”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

The service was very helpful as our waiter explained the menu & how to order, saying that meals would come as they were cooked over a relaxed time so that we could savour & enjoy.
That didn't actually happen as a couple of dishes arrived very slowly but then the rest came all at once.
Most of the "tapas" were pretty good, but we didn't think anything was great - just pretty much standard fayre. With three glasses of house wine plus sparkling water, our early evening bill came to £52.85 which we thought was expensive for what we got.
We wouldn't rush back as there are several places that we prefer - sorry.

1 Thank BruceYork
Ilkley
“Champers and Veggie Tapas- what's not to love?”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I really liked this place. We went on a Thur eve. We were greeted with a friendly smile and the staff were happy to store my friend's small suitcase behind the bar as she had come straight from London. We ordered the Introduction to Vegetarian Tapas and a bottle of champagne. The food started to arrive quickly. 7 dishes for two for £24. Really reasonable and great food. Loved the mini portion of risotto and great to have a variety of veggie dishes.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great Tapas in the Calls”
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

I've previously been to Ambiente in York, so visiting Leeds I was keen to try here.

The restaurant feels larger than it's York counterpart and the atmosphere is completely different but the food is just as fantastic, staff are great.

The food comes as soon as it's ready, which in many ways is great as there's a constant stream of good. Only slight niggle is that there can be a long gap between your first and last tapas. Makes for a relaxed meal.

Try some of the sherrys! delicious!

Leeds
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

I had my arm twisted into going to this place for a midweek treat when I really wanted to go to the manly meatfest place a few hundred yards away but I am very pleased to admit that I was wrong.

The atmosphere was great. It's not a small place but it felt relaxed and cosy. The service was friendly, attentive and unobtrusive, the waiting staff didn't make you feel like a moron for mispronouncing every dish on the menu.

The food was delicious with a selection if meat, fish, and vegetable dishes. We went for three dishes each and were very full by the end of the night. If I was going again I would probably opt for 5 dishes between 2 people and leave some room for dessert (but I have a tiny tummy).

One of the best meals I have had in Leeds for a while.