“One of my favourite places in Leeds, a real gem!”
Review of Mamsys

Ranked #1,026 of 1,829 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
“One of my favourite places in Leeds, a real gem!”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Excellent food, I'm a massive fan of Thai food and this is the best I've had in Leeds. The currys are excellent and perfectly spiced and the starters I've had have been exquisite. The Tom yam soup will warm your body and soul and the pad Thai noodles are the best, beef in particular you can tell it's been marinaded for a long time because the flavour of the meat is so good. Prices are great too. Highly recommend this quirky little Thai, take away is just as good from there.

Yorkshire
“Fantastic Find!”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Four of us first went here on a Groupon voucher, and our first thought was to drive away, thankfully we did not. The owner Mehmood made us very welcome, the menu is small but all freshly made to order, the food is fantastic, we have been back several times, and never had a bad meal. Only one negative comment the furniture is extremly uncomfortable, but cushions are provided.

• Visited November 2012
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Great fresh food, fast service, exceptional value”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I discovered this restaurant with an ex boyfriend having got a 'voucher' deal and we were both very pleasantly surprised. It's what I refer too as a 'spit & sawdust' cafe, and this is by no means an insult, it simply refers to the fact there are no unnecessary frills. From the outside you are seduced by the smell of chillis and garlic and the colourful decor seen through the full glass frontage. Parts of the walls have been painted by local graffiti arstits and there hangs lots of paintings inside which are quite an eclectic mix of local student art. The menu is extremely and refreshingly short, with only approx 7 starters & mains to choose from. Vegetarians are well catered for! A starter & a main will set you back just £10! It is all cooked fresh in the open kitchen & served within 20 minutes. I have been 6x now and only had one bad experience, which was when both my friend and I had green Thai curry, it was so hot we both had stomach ache, burning mouths & was unable to finish the food. So if I can offer a tip, if you have this dish specify 'not too hot' I recommend the Tom Yum for starter, a hot spicy soup with fresh vegetables, and also the masaman or panang curries, both of which are served with sticky rice & are absolutely delicious.
A soft drink will set you back just £1 and a beer £2.20 & the best part..... You're also allowed to bring your own booze for just a £1 corkage.

• Visited October 2012