“So much more than a great cup of coffee”
Review of Haley & Clifford

Haley & Clifford
Ranked #269 of 1,915 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: We have a small, relaxing cafe area, where you can sample items from any of our counters. Oh- and we do the best coffee this side of Milan. With free wifi, it's the perfect place to stop for a pick me up and top up shopWe have a comprehensive range of local cheeses, local artisan baked bread, jams, chutneys, condiments & oils, delicious homemade cakes, local chocolates, and award winning fish smoked in Yorkshire.We make fresh soup, salads and savouries in our kitchen daily as well as handmade sandwiches and meals to takeaway.We stock award winning free range local eggs, local dairy products and fresh fruit and vegetables in seasonNearly all of our goodies are made fresh on site each day so we can quickly put together business lunches, dinner parties, celebration buffets and picnic hampersWe stock a small but perfectly formed handpicked range of wines - different to anything you’ll find in the supermarket or major wine merchants
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Despite fierce local competition this tiny delicatessen on a suburban shopping parade is always busy. Canny Yorkshire folk know where to get a delicious cup of coffee made by talented baristas. But there's so much more. Great lunches, sandwiches, salads, homemade cakes plus a wide selection of local cheeses and meats tempt shoppers while they browse the Aladdin's Cave of oils, sauces, biscuits, condiments etc. Haley & Clifford also provide a selection of magazines and free Wi-Fi to encourage you to bide a while and outside seating with soft rugs and hot water bottles ensure that you do it in comfort. Well worth a visit!

Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

H&C not only entices you with all of its high end deli produce but also serves it in their over the counter/ready to eat food too. Great service from lovely people who really care about what they serve and who they are serving. Tried and tested time and time again and would recommend visits whenever possible!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

In general H&C is a really nice place to visit for a good coffee and superb cake. However I have found that although the savoury selection sounds tempting the goods are often rather disappointing with rock hard tastless scotch eggs and bacon butties fall short of the mark. My other slight bug bare is that your experience can differ greatly depending on which staff are working that day. A female presence always ensures a warm welcome whereas when its just male staff working the welcome is rather more on the cold side verging on feeling unwelcome.
However the cake and coffee will always tempt me back

1  Thank Lillybuttt
HaleyandClifford, Owner at Haley & Clifford, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Oooh- not so happy about that!! Will definitely be having words with our men! Thank you. Would like to chat about the savouries and see what we can do there. Give me a shout next time you're in? In the meantime, really pleased you like our homemade cake! Have you tried the coconut & lime yet? Oh my- it is good!! Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

This is the first time I have visited this Deli/Restaurant. I went in to see if they stocked Coffee beans and boy, did they. They have a great selection of beans and ground coffee mostly from York Coffee Emporium. Apart from that they serve meals and snacks and drinks. I found the staff to be friendly, chatty and efficient. I didnt realise just how much fresh delicious looking food they actually stocked. I bought some Columbian coffee beans and it was so fresh that it had only been toasted 4 days earlier. I will definitely revisit and sample their food. They even do fresh takeaway supper food.

2  Thank douglpick