“Brilliant food and great service.”
Review of Sunshine Bakery

Sunshine Bakery
Ranked #1 of 10 Bakeries in Leeds
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Yes it's a bakery but it turns in to a BYOB resturant at night. And the food is amazing!!! I loved it.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

I was recommended this establishment by someone who'd visited in the evening as they now serve dinner on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.

So we booked a table for four for Thursday - booking is absolutely essential as this has got to be the smallest bistro I've ever visited, a quick chair count suggests capacity is limited to 12!

No menus, the very charming waitress recites it to you at your table; three starters and three mains - it's two courses for fifteen quid - and they all sounded nice.

I had the garlic mushrooms en croute with a poached egg on top and the other three opted for salmon fishcakes to begin with. Mine was excellent and my dining companions declared theirs as marvellous too.

Lamb for me and my mate whilst our respective wives had the sea bass which comes on a prawn and vegetable chowder. The lamb was served pink, just as I like it and again was very tasty. The girls were very impressed with their fish and the chowder was a real hit.

It was a struggle, but three of us managed to squeeze in a pudding too. My parkin was excellent and the others said theirs were good too.

This place is an absolute gem based on our visit. The waitress (Lucy) was extremely friendly and helpful.

No licence so it's a BYO but with no corkage charge, so we enjoyed four bottles of decent stuff without having to shell out extortionate restaurant prices.

It's just a few doors down from Further North bar so you can finish off the evening having a tipple in there.

Just one tiny quibble... the plates could have been a bit hotter as the food was getting cool by the time we halfway through our dishes.

Definitely worthy of a return visit in the very near future, especially when four people can dine out - 3 having 3 courses and one having 2 - for under seventy pounds. The quality of the food makes this place excellent value for money.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Sunshine bakery is a little piece of vintage bliss. The cupcakes are fantastic, light, exciting and not overly sweet. The brownies are potentially even better. The sandwiches, bread and sausage rolls are out of this world and there is even a little garden.

It is by far the best bakery in Leeds. maybe England.

Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

I have been coming here for a couple of year. Not only do they make the most amazing (and award winning) cupcakes, they have a selection of sandwiches, soups, salads.

The food and service is always amazing. There's only a few tables, so be patient or get a takeaway.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

I am very proud to be able to say that I got the Sunshine Bakery on tripadvisor after having taken lots of photos and had second helpings of (pretty much) everything on offer :) I walked an hour to get to this place on a whim hoping the one review I found on the internet was right - and boy, was it right! If you have a sweet tooth already and live in Leeds, god help you! Please get yourselves here - I'll let my photos do the talking. YUM!

1  Thank patisabat