“BBQ heaven” 4 of 5 bubbles

Red's True Barbecue - Leeds
Ranked #61 of 1,790 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Central American
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Leeds, United Kingdom
“BBQ heaven”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

Just being for my partners birthday and it certainly didn't disappoint. This is our 2nd visit and it seemed to be even better than the first time. Staff are very attentive and not over bearing even though rushed off their feet. Full praise and well deserved. Food was excellent and good portions. We will return. A very pleasant experience.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Gary G, Guest Relations Manager at Red's True Barbecue - Leeds, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Good Morning Jason, Thank you so much for your kind appraisal of Red's True Barbecue, we appreciate you taking the time to post such a favourable review & sincerely hope to see you & your partner again very soon.

• Hungarian first
Leeds
“Beards! Everywhere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Great place to eat. Ambiance was added to by the staff and their love of beards...apart from that one guy who is clearly getting sacked next week. Get with the program, beardless dude!

Gary G, Guest Relations Manager at Red's True Barbecue - Leeds, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

I had honestly never noticed what a beardy rabble we are my friend, so take it as read that words will be spoken to Mr Jordan (aka Babyface) about his clear lack of facial adornment & moving forward, his urgent need to step away from the Mach 3 & get with the program!

Thank you so much for your positive review Dare2Fail. Joe, your server, had actually told me about how much fun your table was before I saw this review, so huge respect for being such sports & for taking the time to leave such emphatic praise on TripAdvisor. We sincerely hope to see you again soon.

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Great place for a group meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

Red's continues to be attractive to my colleagues and I when we elect to eat out in a group of ten or so in Leeds city centre. We always look forward to a visit to the place as it's possible to enjoy great service from attentive staff, have a good selection of meaty dishes to choose from, purchase beer by the jugful and still have change from £20.

Last nights's visit didn't disappoint. The group split their devotion to burgers between the pit burger and the donut burger. Both varieties delivered the goods on the taste and fulfilment front. The fine array of BBQ sauces were fully explored and the hottest was not too hot as to be unbearable.

We were all in agreement that the standards of flavour and freshness have been maintained and as always Red's will be on the short list when we next consider a night out.

1 Thank Vernon L
Good Morning Vernon, Thank you so much for your continued patronage & kind words with regard to your Red's True Barbecue dining experience. Long may we remain a prominent option on your short list Sir.

Obviously, great care is taken & attention paid to ensure that our standards in all areas are preserved & continually improved, so reading this review proves to be a most pleasing endeavour.

We sincerely hope to see you again soon.

Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Awesome again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

When on a business trip recently I tried the Manchester restaurant and loved it, so I wanted to take my nephew to sample their flavours too. We hit the Leeds one and was happy to find consistency.

Disappointed the baby back ribs went off the menu, rationing was the reason given and I kind of get that being a low and slow cooked from fresh type place but still disappointing nonetheless.

Tasty wings for starters again, love those hot wings!

I went for the other (St Louis) ribs, and my nephew had the donut burger, we split the dishes down the middle so we could try more. He loved the donut burger and was surprised considering it was an actual donut (not sure what else he expected). I'd had one in the US before so knew what to expect, and this proved to be just as tasty although not exactly the most healthiest of options.

My buddy who was with us also went for the St Louis ribs and loved them.

Really hope they open some up more local to us, Sheffield perhaps.

1 Thank Timothy B
Gary G, Guest Relations Manager at Red's True Barbecue - Leeds, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Good Morning Timothy, Thank you so much for your emphatically positive review of Red's True Barbecue, we truly do appreciate your time, your custom & your feedback.

First things first, I hope that the luscious St Louis Ribs somewhat mitigated the disappointment you felt upon learning that the Baby Backs weren't ready & to be clear on this, we absolutely do not ration!

If we have a product ready, we sell it on a first come first served basis, if we have a product in the smoker that is close to being ready, we will write an ETA time on the specials board & your server will keep you appraised, finally, & as quoted at No3 in The Ten Commandments of Barbecue........

"Thou Shalt Understand That When Our Holy Smokers Are Empty, They Are Empty. And So It Is.

As previously stated, any mention of Hot Wings, St Louis Ribs or Texas Beef Brisket incites within me an unquenchable urge to rush over to the learned Red's Pitmaster & demand any or all of the aforementioned products, to be sampled by myself with great haste in the name of "Product Research." This being the case, I will now bid you farewell & leave you with the awesome thought that although there are no immediate plans for South Yorkshire restaurant, at Red's anything is possible & we never say never.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Best ribs I've had outside of America”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

I went with my boyfriend a couple months ago for lunch, there was a queue outside the door before it opened but luckily we were sat before the restaurant filled up! We had the chicken wings and stuffed jalapenos to start which were both delicious, great smoky flavour to the wings, juicy on the inside and crispy on the outside the way they should be. My boyfriend had the doughnut burger which is a must try, it may sound odd but believe me it works. I had the bucket of ribs which i knew would be far too much food but I couldn't decide which cut so I had them all! The short rib in particular stood out but they were all amazing and I took the rest home for a treat the next day. Our sides were also great. We had a mississippi mud brownie for dessert recommended by the waiter and it was awesome. The cocktail I had was also very good. Just like the food, we also enjoyed the service and cannot wait to go back!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank AntoniaDellaRocco
Gary G, Guest Relations Manager at Red's True Barbecue - Leeds, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Describing the ribs that you feasted on at Red's as 'the best you've had outside of America' is high praise indeed!

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review Antonia, we very much appreciate your kind words & sincerely look forward to seeing you again in he not too distant future.