“Meat!!! ”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Lovely lunch, the pulled pork is the best I've tasted. I tried the potato salad also and the combination of whole grain mustard and bacon in it is certainly something I'd recommend trying. The service is great- staff are friendly and chatty. Only criticism- bring back the battered pickle!!!

Gary G, Guest Relations Manager at Red's True Barbecue - Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Good Morning Katy, It was great to meet both you & your friend on Monday afternoon, thank you so much for taking the time to review Red's True Barbecue so positively, we embrace & appreciate feedback in all of its many forms.

That you consider our North Carolina Pulled Pork to be the best that you've ever tasted is high praise indeed & I will of course feed back all of your food related comments to the kitchen forthwith, none more so than your wish for fried pickles to be reinstated to the menu at some point in the future. We always listen & I would like to guarantee that cornbread & fried pickles will have vocal representation at the table the very next time that the menu is reviewed.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

We visited recently for the first time and had been advised to go before it opened for the day - and there was a queue already! Once I'd eaten there, I wasn't surprised. I had the brioche burger which was amazing. The sides were also pretty good too. Service was friendly and swift without being too hurried. Highly recommended. Meat sweats is a good thing by the way!

Good Morning Tabby T, Thank you so much for visiting and for taking the time to write such a positive review about Red's True Barbecue, we really do appreciate your feedback.

Now, while I can't claim to be a Doctor, a nurse or a Paramedic, I do consider myself to be somewhat of an expert on 'meat sweats,' which of course are a common side effect of True Barbecue along with Foodicus Comaritus & the most prevalent condition, Rib Finger.

For you I will prescribe at least one rack of Red's St Louis ribs, to be taken twice weekly until you are no longer afflicted with this enviable condition.

Please see my receptionist on your way out to arrange your next appointment :-D

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Having been recommended this restaurant by our son and never previously having been able to get a reservation, we went with a party of sixteen for a pre-arena meal early on a Tuesday evening. Table service was good and our orders were soon taken however the time that it took for all of our meals to be served was quite slow and prolonged, such that we then had to rush and almost missed the start of the show. I would therefore suggest that you allow at least two hours. Due to the size of the party we chose to order the set barbecue menu. If you enjoy over cooked and somewhat dry barbecue ribs, this is the one for you. Although there was chicken also on the platter, which was delicious, there was only one piece per person, likewise the portions of pulled pork and brisket were small. At the end of the meal there were a significant amount of ribs left. At approximately £40.00 per head including a few beers we did not find it value for money. Good music however.

Gary G, Guest Relations Manager at Red's True Barbecue - Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Good Morning Patrick, I'm sorry to read that you had a rather underwhelming experience with us when you visited & I only hope that your first experience of Red's has not tainted your opinion of us forever.

Obviously given the time sensitive circumstances under which you dined with us, you wouldn't have had the time to have eaten replacement ribs even if the racks you were served with were indeed found to have been of a less than satisfactory standard, but I must reassure you that replacing any item is standard practice for Red's True Barbecue if there is ever any issue with the quality of a dish served.

I must ask you though, did you address your concerns with your server when you were checked back on during your meal? Did you speak to a manager about your dissatisfaction before you left the premises? Did your server question why there were a "significant amount of ribs left over" at the end of your meal?

If you would like to reply to these questions & furnish me with a specific date & time of your booking, I absolutely will look into this matter further.

My e-mail is gmorton@truebarbecue.com & I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Visited on a busy Saturday lunchtime but was given a table immediately. Service was swift and friendly,only waited 10 mins for food to arrive. The brisket and pulled pork was so succulent and tasty and total for 2 meals and 2 drinks was only £26-- what a bargain. Restaurant was really busy but didn't hear one complaint and all the meals I saw looked fantastic. Will definitely be going back, this time with my 2 teenage sons-- they will love it.

Gary G, Guest Relations Manager at Red's True Barbecue - Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Good Morning YB, Thank you so much for dining with us at Red's True Barbecue & congratulations on not having to queue on Saturday afternoon. I am guessing that you arrived close to or before Midday which is always my top tip for avoiding the weekend waiting time blues.

That you enjoyed your food delights me, that you also concluded that it was great value overjoys because we do have folks on this forum that consider us to be slightly expensive, but if they only knew how much love & time goes into assuring succulence & flavour, I'm sure that they would reconsider. Your timely mention of the brisket & pork is making me hungry, so I will again say thank you, we hope to see you return very soon & now I'm going to see if the Chefs will take pity on my ravenous soul by way of authentic & true barbecued meats.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

As always, food was excellent, not rammed either for a change which was quite nice. 5* no problem. Yummmmm Yummmmm, Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom. Great service, staff were excellent. Best BBQ I have ever tasted.

1  Thank NomNomLeeds

Good Morning NomNom, Thank you for dining with us again & thank you for again taking the time to post such a positive endorsement of your Red's True Barbecue experience, we really appreciate it.

As a restaurant we'd be stuck without repeat customers, so it is with great sincerity that I say we truly look forward to seeing you on your next visit when we will endeavour to adhere to the high standard of which you have become so accustomed. Don't stay away too long!