“Great find”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 20, 2013

My partner and I were in Leeds for a Christmas shopping trip away. On our last night, we tried for a table in many restaurants and although there were tables, the staff attentiveness was severely lacking due to the busy Christmas season.

We remembered passing Red's the night prior and so wandered back to take our chances on a table.

It was 9:15pm and as we walked in we were greeted by an extremely friendly Waitress. It was very busy and, not feeling very hopeful, I enquired as to if they had a table for two. She said yes and showed us to a great high stool table in the bar area next to the window - brilliant for people watching! We ordered drinks from our friendly waiter and then proceeded to order - a doughnut burger and pulled pork and slaw.

When the food arrived, it looked superb. We began to eat. Unfortunately, although the flavours were amazing, my food was a little cold. Our waiter came straight over, sincerely apologised and returned moments later with a fresh, hot meal. All of it was so tasty and the service attentive from the get go.

We paid our bill and left. On the way out four or five members of staff stopped what they were doing to thank us and wish us good night. We left feeling full, satisfied and in good spirits at the experience we had encountered. We will definitely be back on our next trip to Leeds, there are many restaurants in Leeds which should use Red's as a basis for some customer service training!

Thank you!

Gary G, Guest Relations Manager at Red's True Barbecue - Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words Nick, I'm grateful that you have taken the time to post such a constructive critique of our operation, I know that the floor staff will be delighted to read of your positive take on their work.

I do hope that your shopping trip & Leeds adventure generally was as fruitful as your first visit to Reds True Barbecue.

Merry Christmas!!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,902)

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Down from Glasgow with mate for SPOTY 13 at weekend and stumbled on Reds after original choice was closed for a private party. After being disappointed our planned choice was unavailable we could not have been happier with Red's. Ribs to start followed by double burger and all the trimmings. Sensational. All served by Steph a friendly fun waitress, who looked after us superbly. We played cards, drank beer and loved the food. I will return to Leeds with my wife just to come to Red's. Well done.

Gary G, Guest Relations Manager at Red's True Barbecue - Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Thanks so much for the glowing review Stevie. I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable first experience of Reds True Barbecue & were suitably pampered by the wonderful Stephanie. We sincerely look forward to hosting you & your wife on your next trip down south to Leeds.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

Not sure where to start to be honest. Me and some friends went on a whim on a Saturday (had to wait about 2 hours because we didn't book a reservation or anything), and it definitely one of the best restaurants I've been to. The place itself looks great, very kind of modern rustic feel, even more so when its dark outside. Great atmosphere to go with it as you can see into the kitchen and watch the chef's work their magic.

The food itself was really great, full of tasty flavours and the perfect size. I honestly can't remember what I had, but I do remember enjoying it one hell of a lot. To go with that the staff were excellent, always checking on you in case you needed anything, but not so much you felt awkward.

I don't think I could say a bad thing about the place and would definitely recommend it to someone else.

Marvellous!! Reading such reviews makes all the effort we put into the food & service worthwhile. Thank you so much for sharing your experience of Reds True Barbecue JH, we do appreciate your positive feedback & look forward to hosting you again very soon.

Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

Went on a busy Friday. We were offered bar seated area as restaurant full but enjoyed looking out onto the street - watching locals stumble about was entertaining :)

Ordered a cocktail that was very nice as was the specialist beer. Food came quickly and smelled amazing. It's a bit of a messy job eating but it's all part of the experience and the food was great. We shared a combo with an extra side and still had plenty left over. However staff totally happy to box this up for us! Cheese on toast as a side, delicious!

Staff had to deal with an act of aggression from another table and they did this in a totally professional and relaxed manner. They apologised to other diners and made things as comfortable as possible. Well
Done.

The only reason I can't justify a 5 is the server we had seemed a little slow. Several other areas ordered food before us, we were felt to feel a little forgotten and we had to request several times for the bill. Also ladies toilets had no loo roll. Which isn't the best! That said, I totally appreciate the busy environment and it would certainly not put me off. Have recommended to friends and would return.

Gary G, Guest Relations Manager at Red's True Barbecue - Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review Reds True Barbecue Victoria, I'm so glad that you enjoyed the food & appreciated the same aspects of the window jump seats that I myself find priceless.

I'm SO disappointed to hear about the toilet roll & customer aggression episodes, one being totally unnecessary on our part & the other somewhat in the lap of the gods I'm afraid, but glad to hear that neither incident has put you off a return visit.

In mitigation to your server, Section 4 can be overwhelming at times because it tends to be where the largest concentration of large groups of diners are seated. I'm sure you can understand that two long tables of 12 boisterous (and more often than not, tipsy) Festive Feast diners will take longer to process than any regular 24 heads, your comment about feeling overlooked is valid however & therefore duly noted.

We look forward to seeing you again very soon at which point we will endeavour to raise our game, put our best feet forward & acquire that much sought after fifth star.

Best Wishes - Gary G

Reviewed December 15, 2013

There were 22 of us in here for a stag do so we had to go with the set Christmas menu because the party was bigger than 8.
It was £28 per head but it was simply fantastic value for money considering what they served up.
Everyone got potato skins as a starter, then they literally gave us a dustbin lid full per 3 people. And when I say that, I mean an actual dustbin lid. This was rammed full with two types of ribs, two types of pulled pork, chicken, turkey, american style sausages in bacon, brisket. Plus all the various sides they brought out for us followed by desserts.
Brilliant service and a brilliant restaurant experience all round. Mine and many others first visit but I'll definitely be heading back as soon as I can.

Thank you for being our first customer to review the Reds Festive Feast Ryan. I'm delighted that you & your party had a great dining experience & we very much look forward to seeing you again soon.