“Delicious Food”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 23, 2013

This place was recommended by a friend and we weren't disappointed.

We went at 5pm and the next available table in the queuing system was at 745pm which was perfect for us, and the length of wait I had expected.

We shared the mixed ribs for starters - they were amazing. For mains I had the donut burger - wrong but so right! Really tasty but I couldn't eat it all, I was so full. My husband had the pulled pork and slaw, again delicious but he couldn't finish it.

We had a pint each of the new york lager, which I hadn't tried before and really enjoyed.

I would recommend this place and would like to visit again, the only feedback I would provide to the managment is to turn the music down! We had to shout over the table to hear each other.

1  Thank LLA07
Write a ReviewReviews (2,995)

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Went into the restaurant to see if a table was available and was told there would be one ready in 1 hour so we went away and had a drink elsewhere . On our return we were taken straight to our table and drinks order taken , we then had time to peruse the extensive menu .2 in our party ordered the Pit burger ,one the standard burger and the other a mix of pulled pork and brisket all of which arrived at the table in less than 10 minutes . a great selection of sauces was available to use . the food was excellent quality as was the service although we found the experience was over too quick . A must visit place when staying in Leeds.

1  Thank Andy B

Absolutely amazing...

Decided to eat here after being told the food was fantastic and we weren't disappointed.
Came all the way from Halifax on a Monday evening and was seated straight away by a very helpful hostess, followed by a waitress coming to take our drink orders after a few minutes of settling in. We were in heaven when we saw the rack of sauces and the menu with all the tasty looking meals and drinks. We ordered the jumbo chicken wings with blue cheese sauce and the rib tips from the little plates section of the menu, both were juicy, hot and when smoothed in the many sauces provided, absolutely delicious. For our mains both me and my partner ordered the pit burger with fries which was huge and quite possibly the best thing I have seen and tasted! Couldn't rave about this place any more, tentative and friendly waiting staff, great atmosphere/theme and more importantly great food. Will defiantly return and thank you for a brilliant experience.

1  Thank Suzanne W
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Ive been to Reds four times now, and given how hard is it to get a table, this is quite an achievement.
My last visit was last weekend and the wait time was four hours unless we wanted to take two free seats in the window - which we did.

The booking system is simply - turn up and they will put your name down. There is almost always a wait, the best time to go is between 4 and 5 pm in the week as youre less likely to have a wait. Many people find this infuriating, but if they used a normal booking system there would be an insane waiting list for a table.

Now to the food - if you like meat this is for you! My personal favourite item on the menu is the corn bread, it is AMAZING, sweet and moist and covered in butter - I would choose this over ANY dessert any day of the week, even though its a savoury item. I LOVE the cornbread.

The rib tips, which are in the small plates section, are also excellent.

My favourite strategy in Reds is to share a main with my dining partner and then get a selection of sides, because the portions are generous and the sides are too good to pass up - the BBQ pit beans have pulled pork in them!

Ive tried the famous donut burger - I had imaged that the donuts would be sweeter than they were, and I think they could stand to be too, I love the sweet and meat combo but they smothered the donut in peppery mayo which cut through the sweet a little too much.

The pulled meat nachos is a fantastic main to share as its HUGE and contains everything you would want - pulled pork, pulled chicken and beef brisket, with piles of nachos and jalapenos, sour cream, cheese, queso and guacamole - yummo!

If theres four or more of you you can get the feast - which is served in a giant bin lid - I went with three friends and we shared this and we were ALL stuffed - and we are BIG eaters - I was so full I couldnt finish my glass of wine - so you'll never leave hungry.

Its definitely worth a visit - be prepared for a wait at prime time though, and a massive wait on weekends, fortunately the street its located on has loads of bars where you can work up an apetite!

P.S Expect to leave smelling of meat!

2  Thank deville1984
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We have been to Reds a few times and each time we leave, we are raving about it to friends and family. The food is out of this world and you can tell the meats are cooked for a long time as they're so tender. The pulled pork is divine! As is the smoked chicken. If you come to Leeds or are from Leeds and don't go, you are seriously missing out. It's always busy though so if there are no tables when you arrive, get your name down on the list and have a drink while you wait. You will NOT be disappointed.

1  Thank Danielle S