“Delish!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sukhothai South Parade Leeds

Sukhothai South Parade Leeds
Ranked #32 of 1,790 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Sukhothai are purveyors of the finest Thai cuisine. This city centre branch is open daily serving authentic thai cuisine ranging from Street Food to Royal Thai Cuisine, all cooked in a glass fronted theatre kitchen.
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Delish!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

My friend booked a group of us in for my birthday. It was really busy with Christmas parties etc but the service was great. We were sat so we could see into the kitchen - where all the chefs were wearing red sparkly cowboy hats..!
The food was absolutely delicious. Definitely the best Thai restaurant I've eaten in. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.
Will definitely return next time I visit Leeds.

• Visited December 2013

Scarborough, yorkshire
“Beautiful contemporary Surroundings”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

We ate here early evening on 24November, prior to seeing Andrea Bocelli at Leeds Arena a short stroll away, we didn't book a table as it was Sunday and being early thought the restaurant would be empty. How wrong could we be!

The restaurant was full and the bar area full of expectant diners waiting for a table to come free. The bar area very opulent with Thai ornaments and contemporary lighting, it is a pleasure to see staff adorned in Thai dress which adds to the theme perfectly.

We didn't wait long and were shown seated in the main part if restaurant - it soon became evident the neighbouring tables were so close you wouldn't need to reach far to touch diners sat eating which felt a little impersonal and you couldn't hold a private conversation with any discretion. The menu is vast with plenty of choice for everyone.

As the restaurant was full the acoustics were loud from voices in the same way a children's canteen would be which spoilt the ambience a little and felt we would be lost in the "din".

Had pork dumpling starter which wasn't quite how we imagined but nice enough and tempura prawns which was on the deep fried greasy side.

Mains we shared fried haddock in a sauce, this was overcooked, the fish thin and chewy. I think we had beef and ginger as the other main with egg fried rice, ok not memorable. Downside is that the food soon goes cold without the aid of burners to keep warm.

Other diners appeared to be sampling the buffet which might be the reason for the busyness of the restaurant, perhaps this was why our food only rated ok on this occasion.

We have eaten previously at Sukhotai in Chapel Allerton (sister restaurant) and consider the food to be better on that occasion.

If still come again if in Leeds.

• Visited November 2013
Italy
“Excellent Thai food in Leeds”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

In the past I visited the other restaurant they have in Headingley, but this time my wife and I wanted to try the new place in Leeds, and can tell you we did it so good. The food is on the same - excellent - level of the Headingley branch (Phad Thai is simply great), the place is simply beautiful but, gosh, the personnel really makes the difference. Our food was brought to us by three different waitresses, very kind and very, very nice, we had a chat with all of them and, believe me, some of the nicest personnel you can get across in any restaurant. If I had to find a point of improvement, could be the wine list (which I think is common for their locations). In any case, very good value for your money.

An excellent dinner, will come back, highly recommended to those who like genuine Thai cuisine.

• Visited December 2013
West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“Unbelievable food & Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

My friend and I ate here one Saturday evening around one month ago. We opted for the set menu for two at £27pp.
Oh my gosh, the food was absolutely outstanding. It was more food than we could possibly eat or finish but even so we did our best! Everything was cooked and made to perfection, especially the Thai soup! And to finish off we had a cup of green tea and some thai custard and ice cream as part of the set menu, which after consuming a large amount of food, was surprisingly light, refreshing and cleansed the palate perfectly.
The service was top notch and our waitress was very attentive even though the restaurant was absolutely heaving. I have recommended this restaurant to friends and family and I would most certainly return.

• Visited November 2013
Brigg, United Kingdom
“Good Food and Efficient Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

Excellent range of dishes with very attentive staff. Served quickly despite the restaurant being busy.

Visited December 2013