“Just fab”

Sukhothai South Parade Leeds
Reserve with OpenTable
Sukhothai South Parade Leeds is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 1,932 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Thai, Street Food
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Sukhothai are purveyors of the finest Thai cuisine. This city centre branch is open daily serving authentic thai cuisine ranging from Street Food to Royal Thai Cuisine, all cooked in a glass fronted theatre kitchen.
Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

After a long day in a strange city I wasn't sure what to eat so checked out trip advisor. This place truly deserves to hold its high rating. Lovely welcome. Nice surroundings and attentive but not in your face service ( I asked them to go easy on the peanuts and to my delight they served them on the side so u could apply toy desire). I'd deffo go back with the girls , hubby , family or group. Truly impressed x

Write a ReviewReviews (1,399)

Reviewed November 18, 2013

We visited this restaurant on a quiet Sunday night. Booked a table for two for 8pm and the gentleman taking reservations was exceptionally polite and helpful, good start.
When we arrived we were welcomed in Thai tradition with the wai which I always appreciate, one of the wonderful Thai customs. The decor is very traditional but with a very pleasant glamourous twist.
We sat in the very comfortable holding area whilst our table was prepared then led to our table by the window, very good positioning.
We ordered a very pleasant rose wine to share, not ovepriced at £17-ish. The wine came and we took in the very extensive and varied menu, including a very interesting read at the front about the story behind the restaurant.
We were brought Thai crackers which were wonderfully fishy and accompanied by a sweet chilli dip and a beautifully vicious hot chilli dip, you'll need a Singha beer or jug of water for this one but delicious.
For starters we chose the beef skewers and minced chicken wrapped in seaweed, all great. Main course consisted of chicken red curry with a bite to it, lamb red curry with egg rice. All very pleasant, fresh but standard. I personally would have preferred more lemongrass, ginger and coriander in my chicken red curry but that is only my personal preference (I'm a bit spoilt at home as my better half cooks wonderful Thai dishes).
We didn't indulge in a sweet as we'd definitely had a very ample sufficiency, in fact both of us couldn't finish our dishes.
All in all, the staff really do make this restaurant, very efficient, polite, welcoming, extremely professional.....very well done to them all. The food was a good standard so no complaints.
I would go back but would also try another of the Thai restaurants in Leeds too. If you want a very safe bet then this restaurant is perfect.

1  Thank Clin_Hoolihan
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

We visited as part og a party of 14 on a busy Saturday night. The place was busy but welcoming, the staff were fantastic, the service very swift and most importantly, the food was first class. We weren't kept waiting long for food at all and the staff continued to check we were ok for drinks.
All the food looked fantastic and there wasn't a single grumble among all 14 of us.
Very highly recommended and I certainly hope to be back soon

Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Had a brilliant meal. Excellent service, incredibly friendly staff and all round good night. Had set menu which was fabulous. Would definitely visit again

Reviewed November 16, 2013

It is not often that you are taken to a special place when you are served food and tentatively waited on. Although this place is large on outlook, the attention to detail and customer focus is that of any top restaurant. Thai green curry, Dim Sum, Pad Thai whatever you order you will be sure to enjoy. Highly recommend (typical price per head = £40 which in my opinion is to cheap)

Keep up the great work, i hope to visit before Christmas with the family.