“Great place” 4 of 5 bubbles

Global Tribe Cafe
Ranked #141 of 1,790 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Global Tribe Cafe is a little cafe with a big heart. We serve healthy, Vegetarian and Vegan food with love. The cafe has a wonderful, welcoming and fresh atmosphere with an open kitchen and an open heart. All our food is lovingly prepared in House with the freshest ingredients. We have a wide range of Vegan and Gluten Free Cakes, baked in House.
Liverpool
“Great place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Ate here today with my partner. I could have ordered anything off the menu and it was all reasonably priced but I opted for the Brie and toasted vege sandwich and I was not dissappointed! My partner the carnivore had the veggie sausage sandwich and said they were the nicest sausages he had ever had - and no animals were murdered in the making! Win win all around!!

It is only small and a lot of people popped in to find there where no tables so I would avoid the lunch time rush hour but its a place well worth visiting and it's really nice inside with smiley staff :-)

My only tiny teeny weeny critism would be that our table was at the top of the stairs as you come in and it was freezing everytime someone came through the door :-(

1 Thank NatalieJayne120

London, United Kingdom
“I love love love this place.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

I have wanted to visit this cafe for a few weeks now, and when arriving into Leeds earlier to do some Christmas shopping, after not eating, I thought what better time?

The weather was miserable, cold and chucking it down. But all that was forgotten once I had arrived inside this cafe! It was warm and I was welcomed by the nice smiling faces of the staff.

The decor is fun, clean and simple. The entire cafe is contained in one room; the kitchen separated by a counter. I really like this arrangement, not only because you can see your food being cooked, but it also makes the establishment incredibly friendly and sociable.

It was just about lunchtime, but as I hadn't eaten I decided to go for the veggie sausage sandwich and a pot of breakfast tea (they have a wonderful extensive menu of teas!)

The sandwich was great, really nice home baked wholemeal bread. I never thought I could be so full from a sandwich, so this was great! It was accompanied by a beautiful colourful salad, with alfalfa sprouts which to me really makes a salad.

I stayed quite a while as I made my way through my pot of tea and read some of their magazines, and I didn't feel rushed what so ever. It got pretty busy over lunch which was great to see, and the staff were incredibly accommodating to specific requests made by other customers.

My one suggestion would be - please do a veggie hot dog! My favourite dish at goji in York :) The rest of the menu looked incredible, I can't wait to return with my veggie boyfriend soon!

PS Please add wifi! Then I will come here and write my essay and drink ALL the tea! :)

• Visited December 2012
Barcelona, Spain
“Deserves every one of its five stars!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

Visited Global Tribe Cafe, Leeds, on a weekday afternoon in Nov 2012, and what a lovely experience! Clean, funky and stylish decor, warm and friendly atmosphere, the kind of place you feel comfortable to chat to with the (lovely!) staff and varied fellow punters. Plenty of vegan options: we had the TLT (smoked tofu, lettuce and tomato sandwich with vegan mayo and small side-salad - bloody good!), the houmous sandwich, cafetiere of coffee with almond milk, bumbleberry juice, and the vegan lime & coconut cake - the whole lot was really delicious and also good value. We just wanted a late-lunch snack but there were plenty of full meals on the menu, too. And a good selection of cakes. Little touches like the inspirational quotes on the table mats help make this place special. The kind of place you're equally comfortable taking your mum or your date! Highly recommended.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank CherryLisa
St. Margaret's Hope, United Kingdom
“A city centre oasis”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

A combination of fantastic veggie/vegan food and caring people is extremely rare but you will find both here. The cafe itself is a peaceful retreat from the chaos of the city centre. The food is fresh and delicious and nothing is too much trouble for the staff, who really look after you. Food for the soul as well as the body.

This is an oasis for anyone, not just veggies. When you can bear to venture back into the real world, do have a look at their lovely shop below!

• Visited November 2012
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Quiet Haven”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

Ate here about two weeks ago when feeling tired and in need of nurturing. Lovely little haven of quiet and good quality food in the heart of busy Leeds. Excellent fresh food served by friendly chef who seems interested in his customers. Light and refreshing place to eat. Liked it very much.

• Visited August 2012