“Love love love”

Nichols Vegetarian Delicatessen
Ranked #422 of 1,838 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Healthy, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We are an exclusively vegetarian cafe serving a range of sandwiches, salads and light lunches which are prepared on the premises. There are many vegan options to choose from and also a gluten free menu. All our cakes are homemade. We are licensed and sell vegan wines, lager and beer. Where possible ingredients are locally sourced. In the deli you can choose from a selection of vegetarian and vegan cheeses, hummus, salads, falafel and frittata as well as our own vegetarian main meals to take home. On our shelves we stock a variety of vegetarian, vegan and gluten free products
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Love love love”
Reviewed September 2, 2014 via mobile

This has been my weekly treat for a few weeks now. Popping out of work to get the best lunch ever!

I think it's so difficult to find fresh food that isn't filled with sugar at lunch so I was excited to have come across this place. I usually get the salad box and the frittata is my favourite by far. The small salad box is very reasonably priced considering the amount you can pay for a packeted sandwich in Leeds and I am always full after, the coleslaw is to die for.

I have sampled most of the cakes. The peanut butter crispy is lovely and the coffee is great and they do Soya milk. I am told other non diary milks may be available in the future. I always take away so I have to make some time to eat in.

The staff are always so lovely and very professional.

john s, Owner at Nichols Vegetarian Delicatessen, responded to this review, September 8, 2014
The take away salad boxes are very popular and we sometimes have difficulty closing the lids; chef does not believe in skimping.
The staff are delighted with your compliments on their professionalism. Thank you so much for sharing your experience on TA and we all look forward to your next visit.

United Kingdom
“Coffee and cake - vegan/vegetarian very welcome!”
Reviewed August 31, 2014

To be frank, I have been past Nichols quite a few times by car and had not noticed that it was a café. We only called to buy some vegetarian deli items, and found that it was a cafe! So we returned later.

We have yet to sample the main food, but it looked good. We had coffee and two cakes, one of which was vegan. Both were excellent, as was the coffee.

We sat outside, as we had the dog with us, but the inside seating looked comfortable, if a little cramped. We'll be back.

• Visited August 2014
john s, Owner at Nichols Vegetarian Delicatessen, responded to this review, September 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review us and we are pleased that you enjoyed the coffee and cake; all our cakes are made on the premises.
We look forward to your next visit
Leeds
“Excellent food for veggies & meat eaters alike”
Reviewed August 27, 2014

Love having this excellent place on our doorstep. If you live out of area it's definitely worth making a trip for.

• Visited August 2014
Thank you for your recommendation and for taking the time to review us
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Tasty choices, great find!”
Reviewed August 21, 2014

I wanted to find somewhere convenient, with decent food, to meet up with friends all travelling into Leeds. Nichols seemed to fit the bill. We weren't disappointed. None of our party are exclusively veggie, but I rarely eat meat and I love vegan food. The choice was great and I had a wonderfully tasty chickpea curry (which I still crave, even though the visit was in June!!). My friends were very happy with their choices too and we all had a piece of delicious chocolate cake to finish the meal. If I lived in Leeds I'd be back frequently. Unfortunately I am in Cambridge!! Would recommend.

• Visited June 2014
john s, Owner at Nichols Vegetarian Delicatessen, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Thank you for choosing us and pleased you were not disappointed. The chick pea curry is a favourite and of Caribbean origin. We appreciate that you took the time out to share your experience on TA.
“Delightful!”
Reviewed August 20, 2014

Went to Nichols for lunch, vegetarian/vegan cafes/restaurants are few and far between in Leeds so was excited to try it out. As it was lunch time it was a busy but we where seated quickly. The menu was great and so refreshing to have lots of different choices, they cover everything; raw, vegetarian, vegan, gluten free etc. The food was fresh and delicious and I can't wait to go back and try something different as there was so much choice. Its a shame it isn't open into the evening as I would go regularly for an evening meal. I really liked Nichols and if you are looking for a great vegi cafe, this is it; it is a shame there isn't more places like this around Leeds! Great work, thanks!!

• Visited August 2014
Thank you for taking the time out to review us on TA. We pride ourselves on offering a variety of choices and keep bringing fresh options to the menu.
Look forward to seeing you on your next visit.