“An oasis in Chapel Allerton”

Nichols Vegetarian Delicatessen
Ranked #426 of 1,915 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Healthy, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We are an exclusively vegetarian cafe serving a range of sandwiches, salads and light lunches which are prepared on the premises. There are many vegan options to choose from and also a gluten free menu. All our cakes are homemade. We are licensed and sell vegan wines, lager and beer. Where possible ingredients are locally sourced. In the deli you can choose from a selection of vegetarian and vegan cheeses, hummus, salads, falafel and frittata as well as our own vegetarian main meals to take home. On our shelves we stock a variety of vegetarian, vegan and gluten free products
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I go to Nichols at least once a week as the food is always fresh and tasty, I enjoy the coffee especially the mocha, the service is excellent with friendly and helpful staff, it's good value too. The atmosphere is warm and welcoming and there is plenty of free parking outside or close by . So whether you want a coffee and a home baked cake or a main meal this is the place to go highly recommended.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

I was astonished by the excellent quality and service at Nichols Deli. They offer a fantastic menu, and have many vegan options. The portions are large and great value, and the staff are friendly and helpful. I had a bean burger with vegan coleslaw, amazing! And the best chocolate mocha cake I've ever had. Everything was fresh and quickly prepared despite it being a Saturday late afternoon and a few other people there. The atmosphere is nice and I will look forward to sitting outside on a Sumner's day. We are planning our next visit very soon. This place is definitely worth a visit.

1  Thank RoseyVegan
Reviewed April 4, 2014

This place was a life-saver last year while I was undergoing chemotherapy treatment. It was my favourite place to go for breakfast or lunch with friends, husband or my Mum. The veggie breakfast is absolutely delicious-just the right size and really tasty. Everything is excellent value and is consistently a very high standard of fresh, delicious food. The service is always friendly and efficient and it's like a little oasis of calm! The lunch menu also has lots of tempting choices, with tasty specials and cakes. My perfect way to spend a morning is to meet friends here for a veggie breakfast, a hot chocolate and a chat - heaven!

1  Thank 606butterflybelle
Reviewed April 2, 2014

My mum and I are regulars here now and the food is always up to the same excellent standard. I have been here I think about 7 times and have had a different, scrummy dish every time. That's a lot coming from a vegan! The cakes are scrumdidliumscious and I find it very reasonably priced for the quality. Always nice to have a bit of banter with John too! Undoubtedly the best place to eat in Chapel Allerton!

1  Thank Katie T
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Firstly I must say that I am not vegan or vegetarian but since experiencing Nichols Deli when it first opened I now don't want to go anywhere else. The food is tasty, well prepared and healthy and the portion sizes are more than ample. The food combinations that are put together would not be a mix that I would consider at home but at Nichols, they work every time. It's a great place to meet friends or to sit alone and work and the service is always with a smile and a chat. They are one of few coffee shops I have come across that don't burn the soya milk in my cappuccinos! Keep up the good work guys!

1  Thank Sally B