“GOOD LAUGH”

Golf Bar
Ranked #541 of 1,809 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Bar, Pizza, Fast Food, British
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“GOOD LAUGH”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

Good laugh with the boys great fun on the golf simulator 6 guys big screen in the bar for sport few beers what can a guy ask for . good value for money and the staff were really helpfull

• Visited February 2013

“Great day had”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

Are golf society Had a great day & was surprised how well the game played just a few problems when putting but other than that fantastic laugh, it made up for not been able to play the real thing well looked after ,phoned for beer and coffees brought to us in no time , we shared 2 pizzas they where ok. We booked 3 hrs & played for nearly 4hrs, this really did make up for missing our Thursday game , we are all looking forward to the next visit but no cars next time . Big thanks from the Yorkshire licensed vitulares golf society

1 Thank Albionmick
“Appalling”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

We went to this 'bar' as a group of 4 for some food and drinks before the match. We ordered 3 cocktails, a beer and 2 bowls of chips and some olives.

The waitress said she didn't know how to make cocktails so they would be brought over to the table.

After waiting 35 minutes we still had no cocktails. I would also like to point out the bar was not very busy either -there was still empty tables in the place.

When we asked where our cocktails were the owner was very rude and said he would make them. He made 2 of them and just left them on the bar so we had to go and collect them.

The waitress them came over to our table and instead of apologising on our wait, she told us she had charged us wrong and owed her £6.10! The owner had sent her over to get the extra money!

It was at this point we asked where the 3rd cocktail (a margarita) was. She replied telling us our 12 inch pizza would come with the food. When ordering it was made very clear that the 3 cocktails were from the cocktail menu.

Our cocktail finally arrived but they all tasted like they had just been poured from a ready made cocktail carton. The chips arrived 50 minutes after ordering and were a mixture of hot and cold chips. This is shocking service when all we wanted was 2 bowls of chips and olives.

There was no sign of the olives 5 minutes after the chips arrived and as we had a taxi due I asked at the bar if I could just have a refund but the manager was extremely rude to me saying I was very unfair asking for a refund when the chef had 'made my olives' - I said our taxi would be there any minute and an hour wait for olives really wasn't acceptable but he spoke down to me terribly and refused to give me my money.

He then said it was New Year's Day and he was stressed and he would take it off a drinks order if I ordered more drinks but by this point our taxi was there and to be honest I didn't want to give that man any more of my money. He still wouldn't refund my olives though!

I've never experienced such shocking service. Do not waste your time or money on this place.

4 Thank ogm24
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Good fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

Went here as part of a stag night recently and we were very happy with the sevice. The golf simulators were great and each one has a phone so you can call in drinks orders rather than having to go to the bar. We ordered a buffet and had food was fine.

We dealt with Wayne and had no problems at all, for golf, food and beer we each spent about £25 each, no complaints.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank LorcDog
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Disappointing service, cheap quality food & expensive drinks”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012

I've been to the Golf Bar twice which is pretty shocking given that I live and work within a few minutes and I'm a huge sports fan.

The first time we went was at lunchtime and I ordered a BLT. Bearing in mind that they knew we were in for lunch we were very concerned half an hour later so I checked what was happening and was advised that it was due soon. A further 10+ mins past before the food arrived and my BLT was terrible: a large roll with one and a half rashers of bacon in the middle (the half was just the fatty end bit so I took that out), one slice of tomato and one slice of lettuce.

We'd arrived at 1.10 and the food came at 1.50 so when I was asked if it was ok I said no and why. After another 5 mins I was told that the chef would make me another. I pointed out that that was useless as we'd already be late back from lunch so a replacement which would take who knows how long wouldn't be any good.

Now having spent 10 years in customer services I know what I would've done in that situation and it wouldn't have been to shrug.

We were determined to never go back but went with friends for the recent Ukraine v England match for the big screens. I had a pizza this time which was lovely, a proper base and large for the £7 paid. Then they let themselves down again by serving ends of chips. It was obvious that they've bought a bag of ends so when they're fried they remain very crispy but very oily.

Seven people ordered dinner there and the two of us who ordered pizza finished our food.

You can pre-order food which should help but a few of my colleagues went on a recent work lunch and one order was lost so never arrived.

The drinks come in at £3.50-ish which might not be massively over-priced for Leeds but I grudge paying it in a pub which is usually empty - lower the prices and people wil go in. Sort out the food and people will eat there. Learn the basics of customer service and people will return.

• Visited June 2012