“Good fun”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Went here as part of a stag night recently and we were very happy with the sevice. The golf simulators were great and each one has a phone so you can call in drinks orders rather than having to go to the bar. We ordered a buffet and had food was fine.

We dealt with Wayne and had no problems at all, for golf, food and beer we each spent about £25 each, no complaints.

1  Thank LorcDog
There are newer reviews for Golf Bar

Reviewed June 29, 2012

I've been to the Golf Bar twice which is pretty shocking given that I live and work within a few minutes and I'm a huge sports fan.

The first time we went was at lunchtime and I ordered a BLT. Bearing in mind that they knew we were in for lunch we were very concerned half an hour later so I checked what was happening and was advised that it was due soon. A further 10+ mins past before the food arrived and my BLT was terrible: a large roll with one and a half rashers of bacon in the middle (the half was just the fatty end bit so I took that out), one slice of tomato and one slice of lettuce.

We'd arrived at 1.10 and the food came at 1.50 so when I was asked if it was ok I said no and why. After another 5 mins I was told that the chef would make me another. I pointed out that that was useless as we'd already be late back from lunch so a replacement which would take who knows how long wouldn't be any good.

Now having spent 10 years in customer services I know what I would've done in that situation and it wouldn't have been to shrug.

We were determined to never go back but went with friends for the recent Ukraine v England match for the big screens. I had a pizza this time which was lovely, a proper base and large for the £7 paid. Then they let themselves down again by serving ends of chips. It was obvious that they've bought a bag of ends so when they're fried they remain very crispy but very oily.

Seven people ordered dinner there and the two of us who ordered pizza finished our food.

You can pre-order food which should help but a few of my colleagues went on a recent work lunch and one order was lost so never arrived.

The drinks come in at £3.50-ish which might not be massively over-priced for Leeds but I grudge paying it in a pub which is usually empty - lower the prices and people wil go in. Sort out the food and people will eat there. Learn the basics of customer service and people will return.

3  Thank Jockkkk