“Little gem.”

Shadwell Tandoori
Ranked #1,140 of 1,808 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Asian, Balti, Indian, Eastern European, Bangladeshi
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Shadwell Tandoori brings you the finest Indian food, of which the variety is astounding The food is delicate and authentic, beautifully presented with every attention to detail. All dishes are crafted to the taste of the customer by skilled and dedicated chefs to guarantee an authentic cuisine. Our menu offers a very good variety of delicacies, old favourites remain but remember if you want a special dish which is not on the menu, let us know and we'll make it just for you. Having been established since 1986 our menu has evolved and 2013 brings some amazing new dishes.Opening times: sun-thurs: 5pm-11pmFri-Sat: 5pm 11.30pm
“Little gem.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2014

This small restaurant is a little gem. The décor plain but clean, the service good and staff helpful. They will explain dishes that make trying some thing new more fun. Never had a bad meal. Tell them what you like and they will point you to things on the menu you may like to try. I miss the old wall paintings, and do think they have gone too plain. Put the service always friendly. We will be back and trying something new.

• Visited August 2014

“Total let down”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

My wife and i had the miss fortune to go to shadwell tandoori last night ,the decor is on a par with
a transport cafe, the staff looked as if they had been dragged threw a hedge backwards and
under the table was not clean and i could not comment on the food as i did not stay long enough
to eat. Do these people not realise that you only get one chance to make a first impression.

• Visited July 2014
“A real let down”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

We visited Shadwell Tandoori on a Monday evening. We had not booked but were immediately shown to a table. The menu was quite extensive so there was certainly plenty to choose from. For starter I chose the Lamb tikka and hubby had the mixed kebabs. My lamb was dry and tough and I suspect had been pre-cooked. The kebabs were OK but nothing exceptional.

The biggest disappointment was the main course. I had the Bangla Garlic, hubby had Shah Jahan and a side order of brinjal dahl. Very different dishes but all were orange in colour - it could be coincidence but I couldn't help thinking the same sauce was being used for everything.

The service was excellent and the staff very friendly but this was not enough to compensate for a disappointing meal. There are a number of alternatives within a couple of miles which I would select in preference to Shadwell Tandoori.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank AndI W
Leeds
“Excellent !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

Visited this restaurant in Feb 2014. I am of Asian origin and don't normally visit restaurants from Indian subcontinent. I had to write to tell you the food was excellent. The service was exemplary and the ambience very relaxing. They have an extensive menu and if you are a vegetarian, then they can do most dishes with a veggie theme. highly recommended.

• Visited February 2014
“Nice ambience, great food and great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

It's been many years since I went there and then it really was quite drab with very ordinary food. Thought we'd give it another go and... Wow! Had a great meal in the refurbished restaurant. Lovely food, very friendly staff, prompt service and very we'll priced. It gets my strong recommendation.

Visited January 2014