“well overdue visit.”
Review of The Buffers

The Buffers
Ranked #307 of 1,829 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Wincanton, United Kingdom
“well overdue visit.”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We came to the buffers on friday night for something to eat and have to say it was truly delightful. I had the steak which was cooked to perfection and melts in your mouth. My wife had salmon which she said was beautiful and well present. We enjoyed the meal so much we decided to come for sunday lunch. Once again we were not disappointed, we were in a party of 6 and the food and service was exceptional. 4 of us had beef and it was tender and very flavoursome. There was also a great atmosphere coming from the bar area. We have to compliment the bar staff and chefs on a fantastic meal and service. We will be back in the near future.

• Visited February 2013
8 Thank bigapple888steak

Lincoln, England, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I would like to say that the warm welcome that we received was second to none, I had the steak and ale pie and can definitely say that I have never tasted a pie like it, truly amazing, all home cooked food and piping hot, my compliments to the chef. I will be back soon this time for a steak. deserts to die for, again all made on premises. GET DOWN THERE.

• Visited February 2013
8 Thank Nigel B
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Good food, good service”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

This newly reopened pub has established a local reputation for good food and service. I have been twice now and would happily agree with this. The food is better than the average pub food and the service is very good. They also have 3 real ales on tap all the time.

• Visited January 2013
8 Thank Fencerjohn
“Tweak your stuff and you will make fortunes leave it as it is and fail.”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Ok so it was the Friday afternoon between Christmas and New Year. Folks are tired, pockets empty, and sights set on the New Year bash. But this might be the only opportunity to grab my attention and get me to bring friends back who will spend money and make it their own. Every cover should be done as if it were the last and that requires preparation and sufficient staff, when the kitchen is open, to cope with 3 people in our group and a few others besides. Preparation means not lighting the fire with petrol stinking firefighters while we are eating and sat two metres way. True it is we were asked if it was ok and we aquiessed, little else we could do. But guys lay the fire at opening and use something that doesn't seem to require the assistance of Redadair if it went wrong.
The food was wonderful, the young man behind the bar courteous and the waitress was attentive, though it appeared she was also doing the cooking, perhaps not but its the appearance that matters. We were told Christmas had been manic and flaws in the system had been spotted. Shame they couldn't have been filled and plugged before our visit.
We will be back and we will keep an open mind. But, with as many equally appointed such establishments with easy strike one more chance means just that.

The value was exceptional the menu broad, and that is rare.

Make it work and we will come back again and again and again.

6 Thank Craxster
Bournemouth
“Long overdue visit”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Having not been to see my cousin in many many years and after a very very long drive from Bournemouth, what a welcome sight when I saw the buffers had re-opened. It didn't take much encouragement after reading the menu to stay for dinner. The food surpassed expectations and I can honestly say my fillet steak was one of the best I have ever had. The all round experience was very good and the staff also made us feel very welcome. This is restaurant standard food in a traditional pub.

• Visited December 2012