“Convenient and cosy pub”
Review of Stables Pub

Stables Pub
Reserve with OpenTable
Stables Pub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,153 of 1,961 Restaurants in Leeds
Reviewed February 22, 2014

We ate here en route to the Leeds Rhinos match at Headingley. The menu is simple but offers a reasonable choice at standard prices. There is ample car parking but limited room inside. There is a good range of cask ales. The interior is true to its origins as a stable block. I ordered nachos and chicken fajitas. The nachos were plentiful. The chicken was in large pieces which needed slicing further and was a little dry. The spicey salsa and dressing had some undesirable effects later in the evening, and as I regularly eat curries without issue I wasn't impressed. My other half also had nachos followed by a burger without issue. A convenient location but not sure I would return.

Collette_Hurley, Customer Service Manager at Stables Pub, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Dear kazza17,

Thanks for taking the time review your visit to the Stables pub.

I am pleased to hear that you found our menu offered a good choice of reasonably priced dishes along with an excellent selection of award winning ales. I am sorry to hear you found the chicken served with your fajitas a little dry, please be assured I have forwarded your comments onto our Head Chef. It is good to hear your partner enjoyed their nachos and burger.

We hope you return in the future so you can experience the improvements we have made.
Kindest regards,

Reviewed January 29, 2014

A comfortable clean well appointed pub adjoining the Weetwood Hall hotel.

The staff are friendly, welcoming and knowledgeable. I was encouraged to try the beers before buying, how refreshing.

I ordered steak, fried eggs, chips and watercress, the quality of the produce was exceptional.

The seasoning and cooking was spot on, this chef understands what a simple, rare steak is and what a simple rare pleasure it is to enjoy such food.

Company policy prevented me from buying him a drink, so I recommend readers give this place a try......very soon.

Collette_Hurley, Customer Service Manager at Stables Pub, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your excellent feedback regarding the Stables Pub at Weetwood Hall Hotel.

It is fantastic to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your visit due to the excellent food quality, award winning ales and customer service levels of the team; they will be thrilled with your lovely comments.

We look forward to seeing you again very soon,

Reviewed January 17, 2014

Had a very nice meal here, although it did seem they had run out of a lot of items on the menu.

Nice guest ales on draft which was really nice. Worth a visit if staying in the hotel

Collette_Hurley, Customer Service Manager at Stables Pub, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2014

Dear Martyn,

Thank you very much for your review. It is great to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed dining in the Stables pub whilst staying at Weetwood Hall due to the food quality and award winning ales. I will ensure your feedback regarding the availability of items on the menu is reviewed with our kitchen team immediately.

We look forward to welcoming you back,

Reviewed January 6, 2014

We ate here while staying at the hotel. On the plus side beautifully converted building and good beer. However the food was indifferent, steak and ale pie and Ravioli. Pie was a small portion of stew with a triangular bit of pastry balanced on top, ravioli was packet stuff with a poor sauce.We gave the puddings a miss as we felt so disappointed with the mains. For information on our second night we walked down the road to Salvo's Italian and had a great meal for the same price.

Collette_Hurley, Customer Service Manager at Stables Pub, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Dear Lisa,

Thank you for your recent post after visiting the Stables during your stay at Weetwood Hall. It is disappointing to hear that your experience fell below your expectations; I have addressed your comments with our Head Chef and kitchen team to ensure this forms part of our on-going operational training. The pie served in the Stables pub is a deconstructed pie with separate pie lid; we regularly update our menus therefore I will ensure your feedback forms part of this review.

We hope to welcome you back to Weetwood Hall in the future so you can experience the improvements made within the Stables pub.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Booked a table for 5 over the Christmas hols. The Timmy Taylors Landlord excellent as usual.

Had a table to the right of the door, but way too cold.

Moved to far left by the "wood burning stove-lookalike".

At some point a fellow diner drew the curtains but the place was still too cold

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback following your recent visit. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the quality of food and beer served however please accept our apologies that you found the pub too cold. I have passed your feedback to our team to ensure this is addressed immediately.