“car parking makes it pricey for average food”
Review of Pizza Express

Pizza Express
Ranked #466 of 1,915 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed February 10, 2013

visited with family, this is our usual pizza express as it's in better surroundings that other Leeds Pizza Expresses but you have to use the nearby multi storey car park..on previous occasions, the restaurant had taken the car parking cost off the bill. It seems there's been a change of policy and they have withdrawn this now. as there were 6 of us, so 2 cars, it adds £7 onto the evening out..will have to go to other locations now with free car parking.

Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

I went with 2 friends as you cant go wrong with pizza. I always order the same spinach with an egg in the middle. Love it. However this time the egg was still a bit snotty. It wouldn't kill me but not nice to look at. I didn't send it back as im not a drama queen but it could have been better. Other 2 pizzas were nice but not great. I feel £20 lighter but still hungry. Pizza bottoms are always soggy as well. Too expensive for just a branded version of tescos own.

Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

Went with my family on a Saturday lunchtime. It was quite quiet when we arrived and we were seated quite quickly.

The food was ok, the service could have been better.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

I visited pizza express randomly in the afternoon, when I walked in all staff were just sat at the bottom of the restaurant chatting, I didn't even think it was open I waited ..... Nobody came so I asked the chef of one it was open and two could I sit?! My pizza arrived quickly, tasted .... Ok although bit of it tasted like fairy liquid ! All the time eating staff were sat at a table chatting........ A gent that I assume was the manager served me and took away my plate...... Hmmmm I would have got my staff up and serving also I don't think it's right to be sat chilling and chatting in the main restaurant regardless of 1 guest or 12 .

No I will not return

1  Thank Stacydelacy1
Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

Went to PE as nowhere else was open. Waitress took our order without writing it down, then came back twice to check it, after giving order to kitchen.

Garlic Bread starters were a little overcooked, though this affected the look rather than the taste. Main course pizzas were coated in too much Olive Oil and the pine nuts and sultanas on my Veneziana were burnt black (something that PE seem to be good at).

Will I go back? No.