“Yummy”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

Went here last week with my partner on recommendation from my sister who claimed it was the best curry house in Leeds.
Starter of chicken wings was amazing - tons of flavour and spice. Peshwari naan is usually our favourite but it was a bit too sweet this time - almost like jam had been spread inside.
The meat in the curry was good quality however curry not the best ever, could've had more flavour and body to it - it was more like a thin curry soup. Still tasty though.
Service was fast all staff very friendly and polite.
Would definitely return if it wasn't so far away.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

eat here pretty often and even though we have had a few mishaps with orders we still come back as the service is excellent!! the food is great and tasty and is good quality! would easily recommend to people!

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Dont usualy visit Indian resteraunts in Leeds but facied one and this establiskment boasts a hygene rating of 5. This establishment also says it does the best curry in Yorkshire, well they obviously havnt been to Ripon to compare. Visited 01/01/14 17:45 after reservining a table for 18:00 thinking it would be busy. The staff are very friendly and helpfull and on arrival we were shown to the table of our choice as there was only one other family eating. We ordered 1x jug of Mango Lassi, Onion Bahji's for 2, 1x Chicken tikka masala, 1x Keema Madras, 1x plain naan and 1x boiled rice. The Bahji's were the flat type which I prefer but these wernt very good at all. The onion was crispy as if over cooked or re-cooked. Now Chicken tikka masala in and around Leeds I find different to every where else in the country and this was no exception and not o my taste. Outside Leeds the source it similar to Korma but redisk in colour and and more ingredients, this was just the usual tomato based source with no yogurt, coconut milk cream or Desicated Almonds, and was hot. The Madras again was not to my taste having chewy minced lamb and and orange coloured oil oozing out of the sauce and not much flavour. The Naan tasted just the same as any shop bought Naan and was very thick and round not tear drop shaped as they normally are. The boiled rice was light and fluffy. Did not have a sweat as the sweat Menu was the usual kulfi deserts, no Rasamalai or Galab Jamu which seams to be getting rarer in resteraunts. Won't be going back as he food is not to my taste and is the other side do the city to my home.

Reviewed December 24, 2013

Went there last Saturday and we started our buffet with the usual pappadom and chutneys. The starters - chicken sheek kebab and paneer pakora were very tasty. The choice of curries were plenty. My favorites were Shahi paneer, tandoori chicken.

Desert was however not present. For £11 per person, you can have a good hunt.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

We only live 1 mile from Nawaab Khan and although we love eating out we have not tried this restaurant. Booked a table for 4 on a Thursday evening - 8pm thinking the place would be very busy. However the place was empty and there was only about 8 other diners in the whole place, which is actually quite large.
We went for the buffet option but had to wait about 30 minutes for this to be refreshed. The choice was actually very good and we ate a hearty meal and invited to have more from the waiter. The choice of dessert however was limited and not quite as tasty.
The surroundings, seating and general decor was very very dated and certainly needs a total refresh - the carpets are grubby ... toilets (just don't go there!)....
Overall... did I enjoy my £12.50 mega buffet - 'kind of' ?.... would I go again... sorry but its a NO.... there are much much better asian restaurants in Leeds and surrounding area which are more up to date and cleaner.
Sorry...