“Friendly helpful staff made my stay very pleasant”

Premier Inn Leeds City Centre (Leeds Arena) Hotel
Ranked #5 of 86 Hotels in Leeds
Newport, United Kingdom
“Friendly helpful staff made my stay very pleasant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

I wanted a hotel close to my place of work at Lovell Park. This hotel was perfect. Just a 2 minute walk and I was there. The staff were so friendly and helpful - they were a delight. The automated check in won't suit everyone but I'm sure it's the future and there was a receptionist there to lend a hand if you got stuck. The menu at the hotel wasn't wonderful, but the staff made up for any short comings. My room was very clean, tidy and a very good size. all in all - recommended !

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Jenny M, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds City Centre (Leeds Arena) Hotel, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
·Happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Leeds Arena Premier Inn. I look forward to your next visit. Kind Regards, Jenny Miller Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
North East, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I am not usually a fan of chain hotels, however this hotel was perfectly placed for a gig at Millenium Square. Al checked us in and he was so friendly and professional, I was really impressed. The hotel was really clean, our room was spotless as were all the communal areas. I will stay here again next time I am in Leeds.
Parking was £6

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Jenny M, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds City Centre (Leeds Arena) Hotel, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
We are Happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Leeds Arena Premier Inn. Our team members will be pleased to receive your feedback, as they endeavour to give all our guests a high level of service. Thanks for taking the time to review your stay; we look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Kind Regards, Jenny Miller Operations Manager
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I arrived late and had a route march to a room on the farthest point of the complex. This seems normal when you book online as I have done in the past. No TV remote, no firm pillows despite literature extolling the virtues and then 3 phone calls and 30 minutes wait to resolve the issue

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review, we are very disappointed to hear of your experience at our hotel. At Leeds Arena Premier Inn it remains our objective to deliver a high standard of service in our hotel. Your feedback has been noted and will be duly investigated by the Management team at our hotel. Kind Regards, Jenny Miller Operations Manager
United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

Nothing flash but then what would anyone expect at this price. It was clean and relatively comfortable but has the usual problem of noisy corridors, it's one up all up in these places!
The shower pressure was very poor and required me to perform some nifty dance moves to ensure full coverage. Even more disturbing than my dancing was the chair by the writing desk. It had been previously repaired and now was a health and safety risk. The joints were opening causing it to rock back, I only sat on it once the used it as a coat hanger. Ironically this was in an accessible room.
We booked an accessible room but there was no offer of help with parking at the booking stage. It was only after we had parked in a nearby multi story car park we were told there was disabled parking under the hotel. Perhaps during the staff disability awareness training they should try pushing a wheelchair from the Merrion car park!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am grateful for your feedback about your stay. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel as I would welcome the opportunity to discuss and investigate the issues you have raised, Kind Regards, Jenny Miller Operations Manager
Higham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night whilst working away.

I found the hotel a little tricky to find but once found, it was easy to locate a cheap car park less than a 5 minute walk away which cost £3 for 14 hours.

The receptionist was friendly and assisted me with my check in making me feel very welcome and giving me plenty of information about dinner and breakfast.

The room was fantastic, very comfortable bed lovely sized room and bathroom and great lighting (usually premier inns I have stayed in before have been quite dark)

There was no noise from outisde the room although there was a little bit of noise from the room next door bit I think that was due to an adjoining door, I also wasnt keen on this as although it was locked it was a little disconcerting when staying there alone.

I used the restaurant for dinner and breakfast. The food at both was of a very high standard and the staff were amazing. My only grumble was that it took me over an hour anf 40 minutes from start to finish, the service wad very very slow. This isn't a reflection at all on the fantastic staff who were great, and actually I really felt for them as they were so stretched...just 2 girls serving the whole restaurant one of whom had only been working there 2 months.

The restaurant staff were fantastic, a real credit to premier inn its just a shame they were only the two of them in such a busy restaurant.

Breakfast was fab, usual premier inn buffet style, plenty of choice all fresh and again great staff.

• Stayed April 2013
Jenny M, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds City Centre (Leeds Arena) Hotel, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
·Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am grateful for your feedback about your stay and the Restaurant service, I will ensure your comments are investigated fully. I Hope to welcoming you back to the Leeds Arena Premier Inn, Kind Regards, Jenny Miller Operations Manager
York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

A friend and I stayed at this hotel for a night out in April 2013. The property was immaculate and smelled like it was brand new. The check in staff were very friendly.

The only criticism I have is that our first room had an adjoining door although our party was only 2. As soon as we arrived mid afternoon a baby was crying next door and the adjoining door hardly muffled the sound of the child or the children's programme blaring from the television. My friend and I expected to arrive back late - also hardly fair on the family through the door.

However, we were given a new room immediately. The second room was on the ninth floor and the views were amazing (well, as nice as you can get across a city like Leeds).

Having spent many single nights in branded hotels in Leeds this is far and away the best budget hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floors give good views across Leeds and cut out road/ arena noise.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Jenny M, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds City Centre (Leeds Arena) Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves in Leeds and I look forward to welcoming you back at Leeds Arena Premier Inn. Kind Regards, Jenny Miller Operations Manager
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

I stayed at this premier inn in Feb 2013. I have stayed in many premier inns including the City Gate Leeds branch and have always had good service, so I was very disappointed to find that this particular branch did not even come close to other PIs. The main issue seemed to be a combination of a lot of guests and a shortage of staff. It took the waiter 10 mins to seat me and sensing they were particular busy I ordered my food immediately to minimise any delay. After one hour of waiting and reminding both waiters several times I was finally told that they had ran out of the particular starter I had ordered, so at the risk of waiting even longer I just had the main course and left. The management’s excuse was difficulties in recruitment which meant they were particularly short staffed. This is not really a valid excuse as if they felt they could not cope with the numbers of people in the restaurant they should have closed it and helped guests find alternative eating arrangements instead of providing such a bad service. The staff generally appeared to be inexperienced and not very proactive which is a shame.
The standard of rooms was good with the usual PI facilities provided like a TV, hairdryer and tea and coffee making facilities. The room was a little cold but reception were happy to turn the temperature up on the heating. Unfortunately I will probably stay at alternative PIs in Leeds in the future.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review, we are very disappointed to hear of your experience at our hotel. At Leeds Arena Premier Inn it remains our objective to deliver a high standard of service in our hotel. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel. I will then be able to investigate the issues raised. Kind Regards, Jenny Miller