“God help you if there is a hen/stag party the night you're there”

Premier Inn Leeds City Centre (Leeds Arena) Hotel
Ranked #6 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Manchester, United Kingdom
“God help you if there is a hen/stag party the night you're there”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

The hotel is well situated, rooms well appointed, staff very friendly, food lovely BUT as this hotel is very central it is well frequented by young people and hen/stag parties. We were unfortunate enough to have an ajoining room with what was supposed to be 2 girls in it but turned out to be an entire youth club partying all night - AND I DO MEAN ALL NIGHT! Music, laughing, shouting, screaming, running up and down the corridor, banging on doors from 4am to 8am.

Was so tired by the time I left I'd lost my will to live! Staff did what they could to contain the noise and throw out the offending people who shouldn't have been there but, with them being so drunk and aggressive, the night staff really did have their work cut out.

That said, I would stay again but will be requesting a room with a quiet old couple next door!

Room Tip: They try to put hen/stag parties on 9, 8 and 7th floors so ask for a room well away from them if pos...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Jenny M, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds City Centre (Leeds Arena) Hotel, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am grateful for your feedback about your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Leeds City Centre Leeds Arena Premier Inn.
Kind Regards, Jenny Miller Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I would say that Leeds Arena Premier Inn was genuinely one of the best places I have stayed, the attitude of the staff was excellent (considering we turned up after midnight!) they were kind, considerate and chatty just enough but not to be intrusive. the room was sparkling clean, warm and comforting after what was a bit of a nightmare journey to get there.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit at Leeds City Centre Leeds Arena Premier Inn. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Manchester
Reviewed February 10, 2013

My friend and I spent one night at this hotel on a Saturday. Breifly, we had two double rooms, both of which were spotless and more than adequate for our needs. The best thing about the hotel is the excellent customer service. Adam at reception and the gentleman who served our drinks at the bar were a credit to the hotel chain.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
We are delighted that your stay with us was a good one. Thank you for your comments ,Our team members will be pleased to receive your feedback, as they endeavour to give all our guests a high level of service. Thanks for taking the time to review your stay; we look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Kind Regards, Jenny Miller Operations Manager
Annan, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 10, 2013

One night stay, family room was spacious and had two seperate beds for our 14 and 12 year old. Everything was at least what we expected.

Breakfast was very good and we all left with smiles after the great friendly and humerous service provided by the staff in the the retaurant.

Would stay here again without any question.

Without even considering the value it was a much better stay than the Marks (Boutique!) Hotel in Glasgow that we used last month for twice the price.

Room Tip: Family rooms are great with a large bathroom and three beds.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Leeds City Centre Leeds Arena Premier Inn, and look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind Regards, Jenny Miller Operations Manager
Manama, Bahrain
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel for 7 days and it was really a nice stay. A new and very clean hotel with kind staff, really can't ask for more!

I highly recommend this hotel and thank you for everything :)

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the 9th level, the view is very nice.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Jenny M, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds City Centre (Leeds Arena) Hotel, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Leeds City Centre Arena Premier Inn. I look forward to your next visit. Kind Regards, Jenny Miller Operations Manager
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I like to stay in Premier Inn hotels when I'm travelling on business. Good size rooms, Freeview channels and decent TV, separate desk and power, Cheap WiFi, OK restaurant etc. This Leeds venue is fairly new and located just across the road from the not yet opened Leeds Arena. And not that far from the restaurants and shops. Car parking is in a 'secure' multi storey about 800 yds away.

Night I stayed it did not seem that busy - judging by breakfast time. When the Arena opens it may well be a different story. Rooms are huge and very comfortable. Air Con and heating was easy to use and a lot quieter than in other Premier Inn's I have stayed. Need to have a room card in the slot to keep it running - so don't forget a spare one if it's cold outside :-)

Staff team were great - very welcoming and helpful. An enjoyable experience.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Ivor_Ipod
We are delighted that your stay with us was a good one. Thank you for your comments on our comfortable rooms.Thanks for taking the time to review your stay; we look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Kind Regards, Jenny Miller Operations Manager
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I stay in this hotel on a regular basis about 3 nights a week while working in Leeds. Its an excellent base in the heart of the city and considering the great rates i can get by booking in advance it saves all the hassle of having to rent a city appartment and endure the bills that go with it. Its a very new hotel and the rooms are comfy, new and modern with everything you need while working away from home. My only ongoing problem is the heating system is very poor in comparison to other premier inns. The rooms are never warm and the heating system keeps constantly switching itself off. Ive tried to address this many times with the hotel yet nothing gets done about it. The only thing that ruins the hotel. I automaticaly ask the staff to turn up my room temp to 28 when i check in which always does the job, but all rooms should be set to this temperature automatically so the rooms are warm. The reception staff are excellent, always extremly helpful and friendly and try to please. The Bar and restaurant is very stylish with a relaxing atmosphere great for a beer after a busy day at the office and a varied menu. I did however have a very unpleasent experience in the restaurant that after a good meal left a very sour taste in my mouth, I felt so embarassed Id be very reluctant to eat there again which is a great shame when i stay in the hotel regularly. After having enjoyed a good well presented tasty meal I paid the bill via my debit card and was given my receipt with the authorisation code onit. Thw waitress then said in a very loud voice oh sorry your cards been declined in front of everybody! I argued this could not be the case since I had been given an authorisation code and considering i had just been paid the previous day. I knew i had a rather large amount of money in my account! I then got into an argument with the restaurnt manager who kept saying sorry sir i need your card again. I simply refused saying I was not paying twice and was able to check on my blackberry via online banking that the payment had been taken as stipulated on the receipt. I simply suggested he took it up with their merchant company and was told he could not do that.I siomply walked out being shouted at he would contact me if payment did not go through. All this in a packed restaurant full of people, have never been so embarassed in my life. Having spoke to my bank who confirmed payment had been taken phoned the restaurant manager from my room to verify this matter had been sorted. He sheepisly apologised saying the matter was rectified it was some sort of error with their machine. He should have been phoning my room to appologise or better still personally came to my room to do so not the other way around. The restaurant need to sort there payment machines out, would obviously feel far to embarassed to eat there again, which is disappointing considering the hotels my home away from home.

Room Tip: The rooms are all the same, very quiet and very well glazed, you dont hear a sound dispite being in...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Jenny M, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds City Centre (Leeds Arena) Hotel, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for your review, we are very disappointed to hear of your experience at our hotel. At Leeds City Centre Leeds Arena Premier Inn it remains our objective to deliver a high standard of service in our hotel. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel. I will then be able to investigate the issues raised.