“Mid-week overnight stay”

Premier Inn Leeds City Centre (Leeds Arena) Hotel
Ranked #7 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I like to stay in Premier Inn hotels when I'm travelling on business. Good size rooms, Freeview channels and decent TV, separate desk and power, Cheap WiFi, OK restaurant etc. This Leeds venue is fairly new and located just across the road from the not yet opened Leeds Arena. And not that far from the restaurants and shops. Car parking is in a 'secure' multi storey about 800 yds away.

Night I stayed it did not seem that busy - judging by breakfast time. When the Arena opens it may well be a different story. Rooms are huge and very comfortable. Air Con and heating was easy to use and a lot quieter than in other Premier Inn's I have stayed. Need to have a room card in the slot to keep it running - so don't forget a spare one if it's cold outside :-)

Staff team were great - very welcoming and helpful. An enjoyable experience.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ivor_Ipod
Jenny M, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds City Centre (Leeds Arena) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2013

We are delighted that your stay with us was a good one. Thank you for your comments on our comfortable rooms.Thanks for taking the time to review your stay; we look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Kind Regards, Jenny Miller Operations Manager

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I stay in this hotel on a regular basis about 3 nights a week while working in Leeds. Its an excellent base in the heart of the city and considering the great rates i can get by booking in advance it saves all the hassle of having to rent a city appartment and endure the bills that go with it. Its a very new hotel and the rooms are comfy, new and modern with everything you need while working away from home. My only ongoing problem is the heating system is very poor in comparison to other premier inns. The rooms are never warm and the heating system keeps constantly switching itself off. Ive tried to address this many times with the hotel yet nothing gets done about it. The only thing that ruins the hotel. I automaticaly ask the staff to turn up my room temp to 28 when i check in which always does the job, but all rooms should be set to this temperature automatically so the rooms are warm. The reception staff are excellent, always extremly helpful and friendly and try to please. The Bar and restaurant is very stylish with a relaxing atmosphere great for a beer after a busy day at the office and a varied menu. I did however have a very unpleasent experience in the restaurant that after a good meal left a very sour taste in my mouth, I felt so embarassed Id be very reluctant to eat there again which is a great shame when i stay in the hotel regularly. After having enjoyed a good well presented tasty meal I paid the bill via my debit card and was given my receipt with the authorisation code onit. Thw waitress then said in a very loud voice oh sorry your cards been declined in front of everybody! I argued this could not be the case since I had been given an authorisation code and considering i had just been paid the previous day. I knew i had a rather large amount of money in my account! I then got into an argument with the restaurnt manager who kept saying sorry sir i need your card again. I simply refused saying I was not paying twice and was able to check on my blackberry via online banking that the payment had been taken as stipulated on the receipt. I simply suggested he took it up with their merchant company and was told he could not do that.I siomply walked out being shouted at he would contact me if payment did not go through. All this in a packed restaurant full of people, have never been so embarassed in my life. Having spoke to my bank who confirmed payment had been taken phoned the restaurant manager from my room to verify this matter had been sorted. He sheepisly apologised saying the matter was rectified it was some sort of error with their machine. He should have been phoning my room to appologise or better still personally came to my room to do so not the other way around. The restaurant need to sort there payment machines out, would obviously feel far to embarassed to eat there again, which is disappointing considering the hotels my home away from home.

Room Tip: The rooms are all the same, very quiet and very well glazed, you dont hear a sound dispite being in...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Jenny M, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds City Centre (Leeds Arena) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Thank you for your review, we are very disappointed to hear of your experience at our hotel. At Leeds City Centre Leeds Arena Premier Inn it remains our objective to deliver a high standard of service in our hotel. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel. I will then be able to investigate the issues raised.
Kind Regards, Jenny Miller Operations Manager

Reviewed January 31, 2013

I stay in this hotel once a month or so for a few nights at a time. I cannot fault the staff - they are very helpful and friendly. However, on my last visit it was sub zero outside and, due to the eco friendly heating system, felt very chilly in my room when I got to the hotel each evening. I was informed that it was due to the automatic system that turns the heating off during the day. Staff did try and increase the temperature of my room for me, but I remained cold as the room took ages to heat up. The following day I invoked the 'good night guarantee' and was refunded the cost of the night without any question. However, I have never had a problem here before, and will continue to stay in this hotel as it is fantastic value for money and very central.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am grateful for your feedback about your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit. Kind Regards, Jenny Miller Operations Manager

Reviewed January 30, 2013

It's a nice, well decorated and well maintained hotel, with very friendly and professional staff.

We had tried to book a double room but only a family room was available, which for the same price was useful as it had a single bed that we used as a comfy sofa for tv viewing!

I wish premier inn would provide a couple of comfy chairs in each room - had it not been for the single bed we used as a sofa we would have had to perch on the bed or take turns on the single hard wooden chair. The room was spacious, and the bathroom had a large bath with a shower above.

We had an evening meal there, not wanting to venture out in the snow - the food was ok but nothing special. Breakfast however, was very good.

Car parking is five minutes walk away at the Merrion Centre multi storey in Merrion Way. Remember to get the hotel to validate your ticket as this gives a good price reduction.

There is a mini-mart shop next door which was very useful for supplies.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Donnold

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am grateful for your feedback about your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Leeds City Centre Leeds Arena Premier Inn, Kind Regards, Jenny Miller Operations Manager

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Great value, central location, big comfortable rooms, friendly staff, gorgeous breakfast... couldn't have asked for more. It only cost £29 per room which worked out at £14.50 each. The staff went out their way to help us, for example booking us taxis and offering us directions. We were a five minuet walk away from bars/ restaurants/ clubs. It was perfectly clean with not a blemish anywhere. There were extra pillows in the wardrobes. Basically it was all you would want in a hotel for a very low price, Would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Lucy434

Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit at Leeds City Centre leeds Arena Premier Inn. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon, Kind Regards, Jenny Miller Operations Manager

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Another fabulous night away with SWMBO at the very good Premier, great value, I have said this before but the attention to detail at these Inns is second to none. Room spacious and very clean. Once again the staff are a credit and whatever premier is doing with regard to recruitment and training they have it spot on. excellent snack at end of a very snowy walk round city and usual very good value breakfast (set up for day).
Now why the comment about leeds council, on the Saturday morning we awoke to three or four inches of snow, and it was noted by us both that all the roads that take cars etc through the city were open and traffic was flowing freely. Unlike the pavements which were extremely slippy with ice, snow and slush there were notable exceptions staff at the premier, the Macdonalds & St Johns shopping centre had cleaned up as best they could the rest of the shopping centre was a lottery it was very difficult to walk on and whilst gritting wagons were all over the place was one person with a Leeds council badge on seen? No. As the morning past it became clear that all that was required was few lads with heavy brushes and areas could have been cleared. Shame really we would have stayed longer in the city shopping but found getting from one street to another difficult. Still the visit to Clay pit lane was worthwhile./

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Jenny M, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds City Centre (Leeds Arena) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Leeds City Centre Leeds Arena Premier Inn. I look forward to your next visit. Kind Regards, Jenny Miller Operations Manager

Reviewed January 24, 2013

stayed for 2 days last week .very dissapointing room was cold could not turn temp above 24 deg. room was noisy ,could not make out if it was lift or boiler noise.room was spacious and clean, had bath with shower ,bed comfortable ,decent bar prices,breakfast with good choices. howether because of noise,was given one night f.oc. would use again but another part of hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Jenny M, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds City Centre (Leeds Arena) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am grateful for your feedback about your stay. I Hope to welcome you back to the Leeds City Centre Leeds Arena Premier Inn.
Kind Regards, Jenny Miller Operations Manager